Forum Stats

• 3,722,875 Users
  • 2,244,428 Discussions
  • 7,850,121 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OCP certificate

Atif Iqbal
Atif Iqbal Member Posts: 193
HI,

I have passed my OCP certification exam on 06th May and also submitted hands on form on 5th Jul 2011 which is also approved by oracle.

But still my hands on details are not shown in exam history and my certification history shows that I am OCA.

I have also raised a SR for this to oracle but below is the latest response from oracle on 18th Jul 2011.
they have mentioned they are working on this on priority but it has passed 5 days and still no response.

When I contact certification support they everytime they say it will be resolved in 3-4 days and don't even update the service request log.

all oracle mail id's are decommissioned.

Can some one please let me know
what I should do in this situation?
whom to contact?
how to add the log to below service request as isupport link below is not working/ broken?

Dear Customer:

Service Request NumberXXXXXX (AutoSR : OCP | OCP: 1 | Issue Type : CertView Access) has been updated.

Dear Atif ,

Please note that we are working on this issue on a high priority. We will revert to you as soon as we get an update n your query

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this

Regards,
OCP Team

To view the progress on-line please use the iSupport homepage at

http://global-service.oraclecorp.com/OA_HTML/iburdt01.jsp?srID=XXXXXX

Please do not reply to this mail - please use iSupport instead.

Thank you for using iSupport,

Best Regards - Oracle
Tagged:

Answers

75407 Member Posts: 2,237
    Atif Iqbal wrote:
    HI,

I have passed my OCP certification exam on 06th May and also submitted hands on form on 5th Jul 2011 which is also approved by oracle.

But still my hands on details are not shown in exam history and my certification history shows that I am OCA.

I have also raised a SR for this to oracle but below is the latest response from oracle on 18th Jul 2011.
    they have mentioned they are working on this on priority but it has passed 5 days and still no response.

When I contact certification support they everytime they say it will be resolved in 3-4 days and don't even update the service request log.

all oracle mail id's are decommissioned.

Can some one please let me know
    what I should do in this situation?
    whom to contact?
    how to add the log to below service request as isupport link below is not working/ broken?

Dear Customer:

Service Request NumberXXXXXX (AutoSR : OCP | OCP: 1 | Issue Type : CertView Access) has been updated.

Dear Atif ,

Please note that we are working on this issue on a high priority. We will revert to you as soon as we get an update n your query

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this

Regards,
    OCP Team

To view the progress on-line please use the iSupport homepage at

http://global-service.oraclecorp.com/OA_HTML/iburdt01.jsp?srID=XXXXXX

Please do not reply to this mail - please use iSupport instead.

Thank you for using iSupport,

Best Regards - Oracle
    I dont work for Oracle, I just happen to independently answer a number of questions on this forum.

* I can only make a few comments.

* The certification forum moderator, who is probably on a weekend break, and could even be on summer vacation for all i know, often picks these up. But this is a voluntary forum and people simply do what they can when they have time.

* You have correctly submitted a support, oracle are on the case. But you need to be a little patient.

* From what you have said, although you say Oracle approved your hands on course, this approval did not appear to reach the certification database. I assume Oracle have to check this thoroughly; and if appropriate raise the relevant hands on course pass on the certification database which will enable your OCP to be generated if all pre-requisites then become satisfied). Oracle can IMHO only make that grant when then have properly authenticated the hands on course ( and they may have to do this)

* I personally never managed to track anything at all off that isupport system.

* Can I also comment that this answer could perhaps have been a little more detailed and less painful to do if you had provided a little more (non personal) details of the exam taken (eg 1z0-043) ... certification sought (there are perhaps over 30 different OCP's) ... the nature of the hands on course approval comment from Oracle and perhaps the type of institute where you took your hand on course ( for example a WDP institute ( I dont really want the name published here), Oracle University) ).

But quite frankly even if you told me these things (in other words don't bother doing so) I think my answer would be the same ...... that is .....

..... In general I recommend simply waiting a few working days. Trying to rush the process will probably simply be like bashing your head against a brick wall.
  • Brandye Barrington-Oracle
    Brandye Barrington-Oracle Member Posts: 1,944 Employee
    Atif,
    When course forms are approved, these records are sent to Oracle via a daily upload from Pearson VUE. However, there has been a recent issue that has caused a batch of approved forms to not be uploaded to Oracle from Pearson VUE. I am quite certain that your form is probaby in this batch. The support team is working with Pearson VUE to try to determine why the records did not upload and how we can get them to upload now. Unfortunately, the best answer I can provide is to wait. As long as your SR is still open, they support team has not forgotten about you. We appreciate your patience and hope to get this issue sorted out as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • Atif Iqbal
    Atif Iqbal Member Posts: 193
    Thanks Brandye

I will wait till my hands on course details are updated in oracle.
    But I also have to appear for OCM examination and my status is still OCA which wont allow me to upgrade my certification.

So just waiting for the OCP certificate to be dispatched before appearing for OCM.

And I also want to know why the link for isupport is broken.
    what is the original link to access isupport

Anyway Thanks and hope so the issue will be resolved soon by Oracle team.
This discussion has been closed.