Forum Stats

• 3,722,885 Users
  • 2,244,430 Discussions
  • 7,850,127 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Z0-053

user11368124
user11368124 Member Posts: 13
Hi all,

currently i am preparing for the 1Z0-053 exam that takes place this week.

But my Study Guide OCP, Freeman et. al., Sybex, the Oracle Course Administrator II Rel. 2 and the recommended Transcender Self-Test questions seem to base on 11.1. and not on 11.2.

Examples:

1. FLASHBACK DATABASE
Answer: database has to be in MOUNT EXCLUSIVE mode.
I think, database has to be in MOUNT mode.

2. Globalization topic
not listed in current Oracle 1Z0-053 exam topics
but covered in the study guide, Oracle course Administrator II Rel. 2 and Transcender Self-Test

Has anybody recently passed the 1Z0-053 exam and used the Transcender Self-Test for preparation? Was it helpful or were important topics or version specific questions missing?

Is Globalization currently an exam topic or not?

Do you have any further suggestions concerning preparation of 1Z0-053 (regarding version 11.2)?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
user11368124

Best Answer

75407 Member Posts: 2,237
    Accepted Answer
    user11368124 wrote:
    Hi all,

But my Study Guide OCP, Freeman et. al., Sybex, the Oracle Course Administrator II Rel. 2 and the recommended Transcender Self-Test questions seem to base on 11.1. and not on 11.2.

Examples:

1. FLASHBACK DATABASE
    Try it and find out, or ask on the database forum.

>
    2. Globalization topic
    but covered in the study guide, Oracle course Administrator II Rel. 2 and Transcender Self-Test
    If it isn't in the topics its probably not in the exam. It may have been in it in beta for example.

>
    Has anybody recently passed the 1Z0-053 exam and used the Transcender Self-Test for preparation? Was it helpful or were important topics or version specific questions missing?
    Transcender self test will be useful, and probably a good indicator.

I am not saying this from direct experience.
    If it isn't on the current exam topics then it almost certainly isn'. See above.
    Do you have any further suggestions concerning preparation of 1Z0-053 (regarding version 11.2)?
    The '11.2' side of it is probably minimal. The exam question set will have been prepared on 11.1 and verified at some point to see questions and answers remain valid for 11.2, and (the small number if ) any having a problem would be rejected/modified. A small number of new questions would only be checked against 11.2.
    Thanks in advance.
    This is my quick opinion. I have little time to answer.
    Best Regards
    user11368124

Answers

75407 Member Posts: 2,237
    Accepted Answer
    user11368124 wrote:
    Hi all,

Examples:

1. FLASHBACK DATABASE
    Try it and find out, or ask on the database forum.

>
    2. Globalization topic
    If it isn't in the topics its probably not in the exam. It may have been in it in beta for example.

>
    Transcender self test will be useful, and probably a good indicator.

I am not saying this from direct experience.
    If it isn't on the current exam topics then it almost certainly isn'. See above.
    The '11.2' side of it is probably minimal. The exam question set will have been prepared on 11.1 and verified at some point to see questions and answers remain valid for 11.2, and (the small number if ) any having a problem would be rejected/modified. A small number of new questions would only be checked against 11.2.
    Thanks in advance.
    This is my quick opinion. I have little time to answer.
    Best Regards
    user11368124
  • user11368124
    user11368124 Member Posts: 13
    Hi bigdelboy,

thanks for your reply.
    Have a nice day.

Best Regards
    user11368124
This discussion has been closed.