Forum Stats

• 3,707,985 Users
  • 2,240,930 Discussions
  • 7,839,951 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DIM -00019: create service error

O/S error:(OS-1388) a new member cannot be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type.

i had this error while installing 10g- kindly help me immediatly to [email protected]

ganesh

Comments

• 423685423685 Posts: 1
    I have solved it starting the service "oracleservice(ORACLE_SID)" in the presence of that error.

Do the following:

1. Start DBCA and set parameters.
    2. When you get the error DIM-00019, don't stop DBCA
    but click Start > Control Panel >Administrative Tools > Services
    3. Start service "oracleservice(ORACLE_SID)"
    4. Your Installation will go forward.

Good Luck
    Regards
    Massimiliano Mancini
  • 424634424634 Posts: 8
    I have tried this solution and I'm getting a windows "error 1053" when I try setp 3 (starting the service). It says it is not responding in timely fashion and the error occurs right away. I am running on win2k3 server standard edition with a personal version of oracle 9.2.

Please let me know what I can do to resolve.

Best,
    Lou
  • 424194424194 Posts: 3
    Mancini Solution works! I have a w2k3 server and I applyed Mancini solution which works well.. Problem you get has a solutions. Just make a simple search with www.google.com to access this solution for example:

http://www.hiteksoftware.com/mize/Knowledge/articles/050.htm

Good luck

• 330252330252 Posts: 1
    I'm working under 2003 R2.

Yes, it worked, but I started both the service(SID) and listener (SID) and waited 30 seconds.

More importantly, startup type for service was disabled. When I set the startup type to "Automatic" R2 set the startup type to "Manual" and stopped it. When I set the startup type to "Manual" and restarted it, the installation completed.

Gordon Jones
    USA
  • 644465644465 Posts: 12
    Hello Mr. Ganesh,
    GOOD QUESTION

this is happening because on your computer a oracle service is already running. e.g in oracle 10g xe edition it is oracleservicexe.
    first go to serives and stop this oracleserviceOLDSID and start your own oracleserviceNEWSID.
    and now follow further steps to create new database

thanks

[email protected]
  • 878304878304 Posts: 1
    Plz help me I am getting
    O/S error:(OS-1388) a new member cannot be added to a local group because the member has the wrong account type.

i had this error while installing 10g- kindly help me immediately to [email protected]
  • BluShadowBluShadow Moderator Posts: 40,813 Red Diamond
    875301 wrote:
    Plz help me I am getting

i had this error while installing 10g- kindly help me immediately to [email protected]
    Please post your question in the correct forum...

locking this thread
This discussion has been closed.