- 3,734,269 Users
- 2,246,935 Discussions
- 7,857,216 Comments
- 5K All Categories
- 6 Introduce Yourself!
- 290 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 66 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 55 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 65 How Do I Use the Community?
- 12 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 10 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 26 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 33 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Misleading error text?
Oracle 220.127.116.11.0 Std Ed.
Oracle Linux 5.6 64-bit
User presents a query that references a function from another schema and a function within a package from yet another schema. He only had EXECUTE on the first, but not the second, so got an ORA-01031. Fair enough, but look at what Oracle has to say about that particular error:
oracle:dwdev$ oerr ora 1031
01031, 00000, "insufficient privileges"
// *Cause: An attempt was made to change the current username or password
// without the appropriate privilege. This error also occurs if
// attempting to install a database without the necessary operating
// system privileges.
// When Trusted Oracle is configure in DBMS MAC, this error may occur
// if the user was granted the necessary privilege at a higher label
// than the current login.
// *Action: Ask the database administrator to perform the operation or grant
// the required privileges.
// For Trusted Oracle users getting this error although granted the
// the appropriate privilege at a higher label, ask the database
// administrator to regrant the privilege at the appropriate label.
Full text appears to be a bit of a narrow interpretation of what can trigger the specified error.
I'm just sayin' . . .
It is Friday afternoon ...