- 3,734,267 Users
- 2,246,934 Discussions
- 7,857,216 Comments
- 5K All Categories
- 6 Introduce Yourself!
- 290 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 66 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 55 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 65 How Do I Use the Community?
- 12 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 10 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 26 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 33 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Query Performance affected by columns selected
I am running an explain plan for a simple query. If I select columns that are associated with any type of index, the explain plans shows use of the appropriate index. When I select a column (same where clause) that isn't associated with any index, I get a full table scan in the explain. Why would the columns in the select statement affect the plan so drastically? Or is this expected behavior every time you need to get the data from the table, rather than the index?