- 3,733,973 Users
- 2,246,852 Discussions
- 7,856,957 Comments
- 5K All Categories
- 6 Introduce Yourself!
- 290 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 66 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 55 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 65 How Do I Use the Community?
- 12 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 10 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 26 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 33 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Unable to create Index on mixed case columns
We have the below table structure where the columns are in mixed cased and I have to create a composite index as given below:
Note: Col1 & Col2 are mixed case.
When I try to create the below index:
CREATE INDEX idx1 ON TABLE1 ("Col1","Col2") COMPRESS 3 COMPUTE STATISTICS;
I am getting the below error. Please let me know what is the way to resolve this error.
SQL Error: ORA-00911: invalid character
00911. 00000 - "invalid character"
*Cause: identifiers may not start with any ASCII character other than
letters and numbers. $#_ are also allowed after the first
character. Identifiers enclosed by doublequotes may contain
any character other than a doublequote. Alternative quotes
(q'#...#') cannot use spaces, tabs, or carriage returns as
delimiters. For all other contexts, consult the SQL Language