- 3,734,269 Users
- 2,246,935 Discussions
- 7,857,216 Comments
- 5K All Categories
- 6 Introduce Yourself!
- 290 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 66 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 55 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 65 How Do I Use the Community?
- 12 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 10 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 26 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 33 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Use record to access info in another db table
I have a stored procedure that uses substr/instr to read a text file. I need to filter one of those extracted fields by running a check against a table in another database. The extracted fields are in a record. Can i do a cross-db check using records? I do have access to cross check against the other database.
Lets say Invoice Num 12345 is one of the extracted records. I need to check in Database 2 if that Invoice Num actually exists in the Database 2 table before further processing. Invoice Num and all the other information from the file are extracted into a record.