Forum Stats

• 3,682,069 Users
  • 2,238,179 Discussions
  • 7,831,758 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Introduce yourself!

moniquevdb-Oraclemoniquevdb-Oracle Posts: 2,126
edited December 2017 in Social Groups

Tell us what you're working on, fun facts about yourself, what brings you to Oracle Community... or just say hello!

Comments

• BluShadowBluShadow Moderator Posts: 40,762 Red Diamond
    edited July 2015

I am BluShadow.

By day, I'm a software developer (or try to be, as well as a moderator of the OTN community).

I met my girlfriend at the Juggling Club in University and we're still together after 21 years.

I know Karate, and other Japanese words like Origami and Karaoke

Not sure what brings me to the Oracle Community, I guess it's madness.

• edited August 2015

Hello!  I am the Virtual Technology Summit Program Manager so stop by our space - to learn more and register!

• John StegemanJohn Stegeman Posts: 24,269
    edited August 2015

I'm an IT consultant for a company that makes and implements software for insurance companies. I've been working with Oracle technology since 1990. I've been married for 18 years and have 4 children. I joined the OTN community when I was working on a project using Oracle BC4J (which has since become part of Oracle ADF) and I needed help.

• John StegemanJohn Stegeman Posts: 24,269
    edited August 2015

Juggling club! I used to be a juggling fanatic, but other things have since grown to consume my time.

edited August 2015
    Baron Banana von Fluffypants wrote:

Juggling club! I used to be a juggling fanatic, but other things have since grown to consume my time.

Yep, don't do that much of it now (the last was setting up a marquee a few years ago at our local Buddhist Centre's open day to teach people to juggle).

Likwise, have many interests and other activities to keep us busy, including growing our own organic food on our allotment.

• moniquevdb-Oraclemoniquevdb-Oracle Posts: 2,126
    edited August 2015

I'm Monique, I live in the SF Bay Area, and I help manage the Oracle Community Platform, especially the Ideas space and our rewards program. You can also friend request me and message me directly with questions anytime.

In my profile I list my hobbies as carving decorative weasels out of cheese, but my actual hobby is silliness. I also like travel, birding, bird photography, and reading. I also speak Dutch, semi-poorly, as many of our Dutch members can attest.

• MKJ10930279MKJ10930279 Posts: 244
    edited September 2015

Hi,

I am a Database Administrator in my Organization and I have total of 7 years of experience as an Oracle DBA. I am here in this group as this group seems to interesting.

edited September 2015

Welcome MKJ.

• MKJ10930279MKJ10930279 Posts: 244
    edited September 2015

Thanks BluShadow.

• JagadekaraJagadekara Posts: 1,859
    edited September 2016

Hi,

I am oracle apps technical Consultant since 2 and half years.

Came here to gain and share knowledge.

My hobbies are blogging, movies and reading news.

• Pawan S-OraclePawan S-Oracle Posts: 56
    edited September 2015

Hi,

The name given to me is  Pawan so known by the same.

I work with Oracle as ERP tech Consultant from past 5 years.

I mostly like OAF, ADF and MAF as my interested area of technology.

Travelling and Reading is my best way to kill boring time which also energies me to involve more close to the nature.

Gaining knowledge and Networking are the 2 key features which attract me towards Oracle Community.

I want to share and gain a lot with this channel.

Cheers and Happy Learning !!
    Pawan

• PuthanampattiPuthanampatti Posts: 2,890
    edited September 2015

Hi, My name is Sekar. I have been working on OFM stack since 2008 and since then I have been answering to user's question at OTN forum.

edited September 2015

Welcome @jagadekara, @Pawan Sarswat-Oracle, and Sekar! We're happy to have you all. I love the mix of experts and newbies so far!

• 27539122753912 Posts: 2
    edited September 2015

Hello my name is Fernando,

I joined the OTN community because I am about to start with ADF for software development.

Mainly I came here to gain knowledge

edited September 2015

Hi Fernando! Lots of great expertise here, so I hope you find it useful.

• 27539122753912 Posts: 2
    edited September 2015

Thanks!!

• PhHeinPhHein Moderator Posts: 7,090 Silver Trophy
    edited September 2015

Hi,

I'm Phil, consultant in Germany, married, two kids.

I've been developing software with Java in the past 15 years and have used Oracle DBs in various projects. I got here from the old Sun Developer Network, where I used to be a moderator.

I enjoy sports, mostly golf and basketball. I like watching American football and I drive an oldtimer car.

• 30335353033535 Posts: 1
    edited September 2015

Hi, I'm Chad and want to expand my knowledge-base on Java. I recently got the Java SDK 8.0 and enjoyed setting it up.

I now have a few programs that I've compiled with the help of self-teaching books. I've progressed through assembly and others such as C++, Visual, and some C Sharp. But I see Java my next and final approach to the latter.

Other than that I enjoy model rocketry, high-powered industrial lasers, and gaming when I'm at loss with it.

edited September 2015

Welcome, Chad! You'll want to connect with @SteveOnJava-Oracle on Java, and @Logan Rosenstein-Oracle on gaming.

Unless it's board games in which case let's talk.

• PhilWilkinsPhilWilkins Posts: 362
    edited September 2015

Hi, my name is Phil although my friends know me as mp3monster or just monster for a verry long time, hence the user name.  I am an Enterprise Integration Architect so very much interested in the enterprise strategies and techniques As well as Weblogic, SOA, ODI, OEM etc tech.

Joined OTN to help extend my more hands on skills. But also as an active blogger and User Group member wanted to share what I'm learning elsewhere as well as the innovations etc we work on.

edited September 2015

Welcome Phil! We're happy to have you and it sounds like you have some great knowledge to share. I think @Bob Rhubart-Oracle would be a good person for you to know

• edited September 2015

Hello my name is Juan Carlos, I am consultant-programmer and I am working with JD Edwards since 2000. I like read, programming, read, programming... and programming.

I joined OTN to learn and share my experiences when implementing JDE.

• PhilWilkinsPhilWilkins Posts: 362
    edited September 2015

thankyou

edited September 2015

Hi Juan Carlos and welcome to the community.

So, I guess you like reading and programming then eh! 

• NITHISHNITHISH Posts: 6
    edited September 2015

Hi all and Moniquevdb,

My name is NITHISH. Presently working as a IT ANALYST for BACKERHAUS VEIT LTD. Its very glad to join this group as its very interesting things going on here. Recently joined in this community and want to explore .  Its is the best platform to learn and spread knowledge. Once again hi all and be in touch .

Thank You,

NITHISH

• Bob Rhubart-OracleBob Rhubart-Oracle Posts: 692
    edited September 2015

@Mp3Monster and I have met, sort of. He contributed to a discussion about mentoring, and also had a great suggestion for an ArchBeat Podcast. I'm trying to rope him in as a guest producer!

--

@Bob Rhubart-Oracle

edited September 2015

Welcome Nithish, we're happy to have you!

• RZGiampaoliRZGiampaoli Posts: 145
    edited September 2015

Hi my name is RIcardo Giampaoli and I live in Brazil.

I'm a consultant and I have been working as EPM/BI Architect/developer/anything someone needs for the last 9 years now.

But I have been working with IT for 18 years (ETL, system analysts and stuff like that in the beginning)

I like Animes, play games (have more than 500.000 games for all system since TK80)   and workout.

Normally people said that I don't look like a IT guy because I workout since my 16 years old but a friend of mine describe me well. He says that "Ricardo is so nerd that he workout very hard just to look like a street fighter character" heheheh.

I love to create new stuff and a project with me is a lot of fun (at least is for me ;)).

Nice to meet you guys.

edited September 2015
    Ricardo is so nerd that he workout very hard just to look like a street fighter character

You should put that in your bio.

Welcome, Ricardo!

• Bob Rhubart-OracleBob Rhubart-Oracle Posts: 692
    edited September 2015

Ricardo is also the co-author, along with @Rodrigo Radtke Souza, of two OTN technical articles:

Ricardo and Rodrigo have also appeared in two 2 Minute Tech Tip videos:

So, clearly, Ricardo is doing much more than playing video games!

• handathandat Posts: 4,688
    edited September 2015

I'm handat. I've been a developer, system admin, team leader, consultant, instructor and architect. I'm married and have one little boy. I love Lego.

• 30374613037461 Posts: 3
    edited September 2015

RMOS Consultancy  greets the community.

• snaugle-Oraclesnaugle-Oracle Posts: 98
    edited September 2015

Welcome!

• edited October 2015

Good day every one my name is Elijah Ndlovu from South Africa and I am young java developer freelancer who is still learning how to code online and at the moment I'm working on an application that I want to sell to the bank.

I ma a smart young creative individual who is competitive, humble and kind.

edited October 2015

Hello Elijah!

Welcome to the Community!

• John AlexanderJohn Alexander Posts: 4
    edited October 2015

Hi all

I'm John, live in the UK and just passed my Masters!

• JagadekaraJagadekara Posts: 1,859
    edited October 2015

Welcome buddy.

• adongguoadongguo Posts: 1
    edited October 2015

Hello ,my name is XiaodongGuo, I wanna be a good programmer. I am just a student.

edited October 2015

Welcome XiaodongGuo, and congratulations on the masters, John!

• edited October 2015

Hi, my name is Juan Carlos from Guatemala, I've been working with JDEdwards since 2000, I'm programmer and consultant, I've implemented JDE in Guatemala, Panama, Ecuador, and Peru, I have found in this site experienced consultants who help me a lot. Thanks for the opportunity to join this site. Regards, juan carlos.

edited October 2015

Hello Juan Carlos! Welcome to the Community!

• Eric_FranceEric_France Posts: 8
    edited October 2015

Hi,

I'm Eric from France, introduced to Oracle in 1988 with version 4-5.

Presently working as freelance DBA RACV11.

Never had the idea to join OTN because I change ID every time I change client...

Will try to post answers if I have time like today.

Atb.

• cmkcmk Posts: 7
    edited October 2015

hello

i am chandra and i came into the contact with oracle in in 2006.  I have worked from oracle 8 to oracle 11g.  i started with a oracle  developer but now i am senior programmer in my organisation.  I am looking not only programming side but also as a administrator. i have my oracle id for last so many years but i never join this forum. now i want to join this forum to share my idea or view to others.

edited October 2015

hello

i am chandra, introduced to oracle 8 and developer d2k 5.1  in 2006 and presently working as senior programmer at oracle 11g and 10g dev suite. i have id in oracle last so many year but i never joined OTN. but now i join this forum to help other or share my ideas

edited October 2015

hello

i am chandra and i came into the contact with oracle in in 2006.  I have worked from oracle 8 to oracle 11g.  i started with a oracle  developer but now i am senior programmer in my organisation.  I am looking not only programming side but also as a administrator. i have my oracle id for last so many years but i never join this forum. now i want to join this forum to share my idea or view to others

edited October 2015

Welcome, Eric and Chandra!

• vmeharia-Oraclevmeharia-Oracle Posts: 16
    edited October 2015

Hi,

I am Vibhor Meharia, an Exadata DBA with 6 years of experience.

I joined Oracle community to share my knowledge and get new ideas & knowledge from the community.

edited October 2015

We are so happy to have you, Vibhor.

• SQLWayneSQLWayne Posts: 2
    edited October 2015

Hello Oracle community,

My name is Wayne and I am a SQL Developer. I am connecting to an Oracle database for the first time in a business environment.

I look forward to learning and interacting with the community!

edited October 2015

Yay, hi Wayne! We have a very active community and look forward to having you be a part of it.

This discussion has been closed.