This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,964 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

How to mark a thread answered?

2776946 Member Posts: 351

From time to time it takes me a little while to get back to a thread. If it is over 1 to 2 hours the 'Correct Answer' bar disappears for me. I don't see it under 'Actions' either. Is there a way to mark the thread answered? I've looked over and over....

Okay thanks.

Nimish GargTimo HahnjgarryRob_BLoc Nhan-Oracle

Best Answer

• Dude!
    Dude! [email protected]Member Posts: 22,830 Black Diamond
    edited Mar 10, 2016 12:49PM Answer ✓

Marking responses as helpful or correct is not an Action item. What you see as Actions in the left column of the Inbox belongs to a work-flow feature that is not enabled.

You can only mark responses as helpful or correct if you open the actual thread. You do not see the helpful and correct buttons when browsing or "commenting" to posts in the Inbox. I think this was already mentioned.

The person having the problem has perhaps not realized that it is possible to click on the subject line in order to open the thread.

Btw, asking for points is against the forum etiquette.

Answers

• Nimish Garg
    Nimish Garg Sr. Database Developer @ Gartner Noida, IndiaMember Posts: 3,185 Gold Trophy
    edited Jan 25, 2016 1:52AM

You have following buttons on every answer on your thread, just press correct answer

Capture.PNG

Apart from this you can click "Assume Answer" just under your post title

This question is Not Answered.(Mark as assumed answered)

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Mr UKMember, Moderator Posts: 42,706 Red Diamond
    edited Jan 25, 2016 3:20AM

The only time you won't see the link to mark a question as answered is if you started the thread as a discussion rather than a question (the default is a question so you would have to have explicitly clicked the option to change it).  Looking at the threads you've authored, all of yours are questions though, so you shouldn't have any issue marking them as answered (unless they've already been marked as such)

• Rob_B
    Rob_B Member Posts: 21 Blue Ribbon
    edited Mar 8, 2016 3:25PM

Hello Mimish.

Looking to mark post as correct answer.

I cam across this discussion as I was looking for info regarding the "Actions" link/button on emails.  I posted a question and someone replied with the correct answer, I wanted to mark it was answered.  However there is no options when I click on the Actions link.  Also there is not a "Correct Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" button as you can see be the attached screen shot.

Screen Shot 03-08-16 at 12.20 PM.PNG

Rob

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Consultant Cologne, GermanyMember, Moderator Posts: 39,055 Red Diamond
    edited Mar 8, 2016 3:52PM

I guess that's because you are looking at the thread in the inbox. The inbox is kind of limited. Open the thread by clicking on the caption and you should see the buttons to mark the discussion as correct and helpful.

Timo

Nimish Garg2776946
  • Nimish Garg
    Nimish Garg Sr. Database Developer @ Gartner Noida, IndiaMember Posts: 3,185 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 9, 2016 2:12AM

Suggestion: Inbox should also have a way to mark the discussion as correct and helpful.

Many People (OP) are just using "Like" instead of "Helpful" or "Correct" now a days

• BluShadow
    edited Mar 9, 2016 3:45AM

That's been suggested before, but I think the general consensus was that the inbox isn't showing the full discussion, so it's better for people to visit the whole thread before marking helpful/correct.

I don't think there has been any change in the number of people marking helpful/correct since any change in the community.

Timo Hahn2776946
  • Dude!
    edited Mar 9, 2016 4:52PM

I think the whole concept of the Inbox is misleading, which reminds too much of an email client. People, including myself use the Inbox to manage responses because there is no feasible alternative. The forum content views, since the last or previous major version upgrade have been rendered useless for the purpose of active participation. However, the Inbox was apparently designed to inform about notifications, but not as a workspace to manage threads and responses.

jgarry2776946
  • BluShadow
    edited Mar 9, 2016 5:08PM

Not sure they're rendered useless.  I switch between viewing my inbox and going to space content pages, and have no issue with the content pages... on the basis that "inbox = things I'm already involved in" and "content page = things I may want to be involved in".  Works ok for me anyway.

Perhaps inbox is the wrong name for it as it does sound like an email thing... perhaps it should have been "Personal Feed" or something, but I think most people are used to looking at the inbox for the stuff, so it's not really a problem, just that it could probably do with some more features inside it to make it more usable.

Rob_B2776946
  • Dude!
    edited Mar 9, 2016 5:59PM

Well, I meant useless for my purpose. See

Do you remember the Dashboard, Communications and Notifications under the previous version? I guess no need for reminiscing, but just for fun, check 5  Monitoring. It may explain how the Inbox evolved. Things may have been given a different name some overhaul, but we are basically still kicking the same can down the road.

• Loc Nhan-Oracle
    Loc Nhan-Oracle CaliforniaMember Posts: 770 Employee
    edited Mar 10, 2016 11:47AM

BluShadow and others,

A poster is unable to mark the forum threads that she marked as questions as resolved/answered. Here is an example.

OEM 13c Agent unable to detect Oracle database on a WIN2008 machine

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

- Loc

This discussion has been closed.