Forum Stats

• 3,702,032 Users
  • 2,239,549 Discussions
  • 7,835,720 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to find right space for my questions?

Answers

• Prem Kumar MPrem Kumar M Posts: 2
    edited October 2019

Hi,

I have a technical query on Oracle DB and the version using 10g. Could you please let me know where I can post my question?

Thanks,

Prem

• Jim-DJim-D Posts: 584 Bronze Crown
    edited October 2019

@Belinda - I don't think Oracle Hospitality has a community.  For any inquiries related to Oracle Hospitality products, I suggest you open a service request in My Oracle Support.

If you have a current Oracle support account, you may be interested in voting for this idea in the My Oracle Support Community:

edited October 2019

@4115123 - Hi Prem,

I suggest you go to the top of the page, click on the hamburger icon (the three lines next to the ORACLE logo), and navigate to Oracle Groundbreakers >   and pick the appropriate subspace for your question.

Good luck!

• edited November 2019

More information just click hare

• dfh1dfh1 Posts: 1
    edited November 2019

I am using VirtualBox 6.0.14 r133895 with guest operating system Android-x86. I cannot get VBox Guest Additions to work with this guest. I am seeking a forum which might help with this.

• Facebook111Facebook111 Posts: 1
    edited November 2019

I really agree with your point. Even I have the same question in this regard. I am the recently joined

the http://www.facebook.com community. I require absolute guidance regarding any sort of technical issues.

I just want to know what would be the ideal place to post it.

• BluShadowBluShadow Moderator Posts: 40,794 Red Diamond
    edited November 2019
    Facebook111 wrote:I really agree with your point. Even I have the same question in this regard. I am the recently joinedthe http://www.facebook.com community. I require absolute guidance regarding any sort of technical issues.I just want to know what would be the ideal place to post it. 

That depends on what product your question relates to.

Different products sit in difference spaces on the community.

Have a search through the product areas (look at the burger menu at the top of the community for a start or use the search functionality)

If you're not sure, then just ask and we can guide you where to post, once you tell us what your question relates to.

edited November 2019

@facebook111 - Building on @BluShadow's reply....

If you have an active Oracle Support account, you can also look through the subspaces in the (MOSC).

There are products with spaces on MOSC that do not have spaces here.  Also, you're likely to receive a response from Oracle when you post in MOSC.

• User_RCJSUUser_RCJSU Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited November 2019

I want to ask question regarding Oracle E-Business suite, Please Inform me where I can post the question?

edited November 2019

@266d6b57-c698-4ff0-86db-a4550561f549 - You can click on the hamburger icon at the top of the page and go to:

1. Oracle Groundbreakers > Oracle Applications > .
    2. If you have an active Oracle Support account, you can go to My Oracle Support Community >

In either case, please choose the subspace that is most relevant for your question.

There are also tips on how to find the correct space on the page, which also has instructions on how to change your display name so you're not just a string of random characters.

Good luck!

• tradertrader Posts: 1
    edited November 2019

Dear Fellows,

I am running latest Oracle Linux ( cat /etc/os-releaseNAME="Oracle Linux Server"VERSION="8.1"ID="ol"ID_LIKE="fedora"VARIANT="Server"VARIANT_ID="server"VERSION_ID="8.1"PLATFORM_ID="platform:el8"PRETTY_NAME="Oracle Linux Server 8.1"ANSI_COLOR="0;31"CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:oracle:linux:8:1:server"HOME_URL="https://linux.oracle.com/"BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.oracle.com/"ORACLE_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Oracle Linux 8"ORACLE_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=8.1ORACLE_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Oracle Linux"ORACLE_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION=8.1 /uname -r4.18.0-147.0.3.el8_1.x86_64 ) and after doing WINE compilation, make and make install I entered terminal wine64 --version and realized

wine-4.18 is now installed, then I tried to install METATRADER 5, and the istallation stated allright with the terminal command:  wine64 mt5setup.exe Captura de tela de 2019-11-25 14-06-20.png

and THE METATRADER 5 was about to get installed when an ERR occurred:

wine64 mt5setup.exe

0009:err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP TLS library not found, SSL connections will fail

0009:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.

Captura de tela de 2019-11-25 14-07-37.png

I want to learn how to run METATRADER 5 on ORACLE LINUX...

edited November 2019

@trader - I suggest you try the subspace.

Good luck!

• 31222593122259 Posts: 1
    edited December 2019

hi, I am new to the forum and not sure where to find the right forum to answer my question. I am using Agile PLM 9.3.5 and I've questions regarding its functionality and processes.

edited December 2019
    3122259 wrote:hi, I am new to the forum and not sure where to find the right forum to answer my question. I am using Agile PLM 9.3.5 and I've questions regarding its functionality and processes.

Perhaps over in the space somewhere? 

• 41534644153464 Posts: 2
    edited December 2019

Why in the hell does Oracle make it so hard to get support?  I have never in my life seen a more convoluted NOT-USER-FRIENDLY system.  There is no where to post a question!  The 'Inbox" has no way to create a new message!  You can't send an email to anyone unless you are friends with them first.

The only way for people to get support is to have a CSI or contact their CUA or end up screaming WTF!?!

I downloaded JDK 8 and have questions about it, in particular why is it not backwards compatible with JDK 7 or JDK 6?

I am not a software engineer or computer scientist.  I'm a dad whose son plays Minecraft.  I completed an online Java tutorial app on the iPhone a week ago.  I have been building and repairing computers since 1995.  I have experience with Unix, Linux, and all the Microsoft OS's since DOS 5.0, and my prior programming skill experiences were limited to batch files and shells scripts.

I have spent the last month monkeying around with mods based on the different versions of Minecraft and different versions of Java and I am perplexed why Java is not compatible with older versions of itself.  I have spent the last two hours and seven minutes trying to navigate through the Oracle site, giving up, calling in for support, being routed to java.com only to be re-routed back to oracle.com and the phone support people were just as confused as I am.

Please see through the frustration and have someone contact me.

Thank  you in advance

edited December 2019

Oracle support is over at support.oracle.com for which you'll need to be a paying customer with a Customer Support Identifier.  Then you can raise a ticket direct with Oracle and they will happily get back in touch with you.

You appear to be complaining about the public support community, for which you ask questions on the community forums by starting a discussion in the most appropriate space.  Then other people in the community may be able to help you.  You won't be able to email people directly, because these are members of the public with their own jobs to do, but generally, for most products, people are quite quick at responding to the discussion and helping out.

It seems you probably want to start a discussion over in the space (or subspace thereof)

• 41534644153464 Posts: 2
    edited December 2019

Thanks for getting back to me.

best regards

M

• Ray SulzyckiRay Sulzycki Posts: 1
    edited January 2

I have a question on World Softare V A7.3.

Specifically what program updates file F3104 field IPSHFT?

edited January 3
    2879770 wrote:I have a question on World Softare V A7.3.Specifically what program updates file F3104 field IPSHFT?

That looks like JD Edwards you're talking about.

The only JD Edwards space I can find is over on the MOSC community ( ) but you'd need a support contract to access that, and from what I can tell it's an archived community anyway.

@James M. Finch-Oracle, do you have any idea where JD Edwards questions can be asked?  I can't find anywhere suitable on the Groundbreakers community.

edited January 6

@2879770 - It appears you're asking a question about Oracle JD Edwards World software.  There is not a dedicated space for World in this Oracle Community, but there are several World subspaces in the My Oracle Support Community (MOSC), which is available to you if you have an active Oracle Support account.  I suggest you repost your question in so that the World experts can see your question.

Good luck!

• Where do I post a question for Micros 3700?

edited January 8
    3270f854-c03c-4d50-bf9f-44eed77f97e4 wrote:Where do I post a question for Micros 3700?

The space for Micros 3700 comes under the retail point of service space over in the MOSC (My Oracle Support) community:

To access that space you'll need to be a paying customer of Oracle with a Customer Support Identifier.

• cardarlcardarl Posts: 2
    edited January 29

I have a p[roblem pertaining to the use of Unified Auditing with a VPD. This is with Oracle Database 12c Enterprise (Release 12.2.0.1.0). I am seeing unexpected behavior in connection with the use of synonyms under certain conditions when setting up audit policies for tables that have an access policy. This does not occur with tables that have no access policy. Is there a space where I can post a question (with appropriate detail) about this?

edited January 29

Hmmm, not sure, maybe you could try in the

• Alex GibbsAlex Gibbs Posts: 1
    edited February 3

I've been experimenting with Autonomous DB via the Always-Free offerings.

As I begin to encounter some unexpected situations in autonomous, and I'm unsure where to ask -- there is of course the general database forum, but one could also ask over in cloud.  I was hoping to find a space specific to Autonomous Database questions/issues/bugs.  I was a little surprised to not find that specific space. 

Is there a recommended space to discuss autonomous database issues?

Thanks

• Hello,

I'm a new member of the OPN tasked with integrating our room/home automation solution with Oracle Opera PMS. I''ve found some documents about the technical details of interfacing systems to Opera however I am unable to find any information on how to get started with this. Where can I get a development/trial version of Opera to test with? I have also been unable to find any "Places" that talk about Opera PMS, can anyone here give me any pointers on how to proceed or where to ask this question?

• 32915613291561 Posts: 1
    edited February 5

Hi,

I want to know which oracle linux version supports which chrome browser version, could you please help me get this information?

Regards,

Sharan

• pokhsuzanpokhsuzan Posts: 4
    edited February 5

I need some assistance on simphony pos integration on my application.

• Dana MasonDana Mason Posts: 1
    edited February 10

People Tool 8.57.08, Image 29, Linux OS and Orcal 12.

We are experiencing a reoccurring specific employee causing an orphan row on
    each pay calculation. This is resulting in a Pay calculation error:

INSERT-OTH-EARNS

RETRUN CODE:00805

ERROR MESSAGE: ORA-0001: UNIQUE CONSTRAINT (SYSADM.PS_PAY_OTH_EARNS) VIOLATED

Our BSA, is able to clear the orphans so we can confirm. However next pay run and/or calculation an orphan generates again for the same employee.

We have narrowed down that this started occurring Dec 5-18th, and every pay
    confirm thereafter.

We have also narrowed down that the orphan row is on a system generated
    Paysheet.

Have any other clients been experiencing this since December. No other
    changes have occurred for this employee and out BSA is unable to locate the
    contributing factor or re-create the error in a lower region.

• Michael MugaigaMichael Mugaiga Posts: 1
    edited February 10

Hello Chitrasai, please assist me in case i have posted my question in the wrong section.

• drphilx1drphilx1 Posts: 2
    edited February 10

Wow, that was agonizing! Hope you can direct me. I am currently using MySQL v5.5.62 with Spacial Audio's SAM Broadcaster. I do a Internet Radio Show every week. When ever I try to back-up my "Q" (aka playlist) I receive the following error message.: "Back-up failed - MySQL server is running with the -secure-file-priv option so it cannot execute this statement." I never had this problem until I updated computers and downloaded the latest version of the free version of MySQL. Hopefully you can direct me so as not to waste your and my time. Thank you! Phil ([email protected])

• drphilx1drphilx1 Posts: 2
    edited February 11

Good Morning. I have not had the need to use any forum previously. As a new-bee, I am hoping you can tell me where to post the following: I am currently using MySQL v5.5.62 with Spacial Audio's SAM Broadcaster. I do a Internet Radio Show every week. When ever I try to back-up my "Q" (aka playlist) I receive the following error message.: "Back-up failed - MySQL server is running with the -secure-file-priv option so it cannot execute this statement." I never had this problem until I updated computers and downloaded the latest version of the free version of MySQL. Thank you! Phil ([email protected])

• Dmitriy GulaevDmitriy Gulaev Posts: 3
    edited February 12

Hi

Help me please. I do not know where to post my question. I think I found a bug with oracle instance client OCI.DLL

I post my question here

Bug with OCI 12.1.0.2.0 and 12.2.0.1.0.

But I think this is wrong place.

Where to post it?

edited February 13

Well, that space is the OCI space in the public domain, so other members of the public that use OCI may be able to test the same situation and see if they think it's a bug too, or if there's something you're doing wrong etc.

If you want to actually log your issue with Oracle, you would need to raise a service request via support.oracle.com (MOS - My Oracle Support), for which you'll need to be a paying customer with a customer support identifier.

• GoMummy-GMGoMummy-GM Posts: 1
    edited February 18

Hi Paul,

You can browse below link:

And then  you will find Actions Tab at right hand top corner > Click on create new discussion. You can find below screenshot for reference.

https://prnt.sc/r3db9y

You can post your questions there.

• Hi there

I am having some problems with Virtual Box, where to place my thread. 

• KayKKayK Posts: 1,605 Bronze Crown
    edited April 29

Hi 2ef,

welcome to the communities.

What about these communities:

regards

Kay

btw please choose a more readable name for your avatar. You're are more than a number. Have a look at this: Update Your Community Display Name and Avatar!

• 42437894243789 Posts: 2
    edited May 4

Hi, I am new to these java forums. Kindly guide me where to post my Java-related queries and seek answers.

regards, thanks

Raghunathan

• Arsalan DehghanisariyarghanArsalan Dehghanisariyarghan Posts: 350 Bronze Trophy
    edited May 4

Hi,

I think below link be useful to you. Good Luck!

HTH

Arsalan

• I'm on the site at oracle.com/tools/technologies/faq-rest-data-services.html. In the answer for the question "How does ORDS pass parameters in and out to SQL and PL/SQL handlers in REST calls like GET and POST?", there are 2 links that don't reference anywhere. those links are named : "ORDS Mechanism for Passing arameters" and "Worked Example: Storing JSON in Your Relational Schema"

• MWAQARMWAQAR Posts: 2
    edited May 18

I need to raise a question on 'Min-Max Planning Process' in 'Oracle Fusion Inventory Management'

• Hi, I am a totally newbie in oracle and I am taking an online beginner course (MOOC). When setting up the environment in a virtual machine I previously had to download, the documentation gives credentials to establish a new connection via SQL Developer with database

but when I accomplish all these instructions I receive an invalid user/password error, probably because the database is configured with different parameters. Where should I ask for help referring to the MOOC issues ?

Thanks in advance,

Raul

edited June 1
    8b3d1d15-f8ae-4885-9bb3-343785cb5a51 wrote:Hi, I am a totally newbie in oracle and I am taking an online beginner course (MOOC). When setting up the environment in a virtual machine I previously had to download, the documentation gives credentials to establish a new connection via SQL Developer with database but when I accomplish all these instructions I receive an invalid user/password error, probably because the database is configured with different parameters. Where should I ask for help referring to the MOOC issues ?Thanks in advance,Raul

Click on the search (magnifying glass) at the top of the page and search for "Oracle VM", then you'll have a choice of different places depending on the VM o/s you're using etc.  They're the places to ask about virtual machine issues. 

• RamaVRamaV Posts: 1
    edited June 2

Where do I post my question on Procure to Pay process for GASB Public Sector asset items?

• SandeepanSandeepan Posts: 19
    edited June 3

Hello Chitra,

I am a PL/SQL developer.

Can you please advise what is the relevant forum I post my queries and doubts.

Thanks.

edited June 3

@Sandeepan - Try

edited June 3

@4220217 - What Oracle product are you using?

edited June 3

@MWAQAR - Support for Fusion Applications can now be found on the Oracle Cloud Customer Connect Community at https://cloudcustomerconnect.oracle.com/pages/home

edited June 3

@Jim Finch-Oracle - Since Chitrasai isn't here anymore, should this post be locked and another post be opened by you (or another admin) who can give timely responses?  Thanks!

• reallay this is good topic for new members