- 3,708,520 Users
- 2,241,058 Discussions
- 7,840,393 Comments
- 98 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 43 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 37 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 54 How Do I? (Community Platform "How to" Questions)
- 11 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 9 I'd Like to See... (Community Platform Ideas & Suggestions)
- 11.2K Community Feedback (No Product Questions) Archive
- 64 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 56 Certification Community
- 4.7K Certification Community Discussions
- 31 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 25 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 28 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Code formatting no longer applies a fixed sized or mono spaced font.
I don't know when it started to change, but Syntax Highlighting in the advanced editor no longer works correctly. It no longer applies a fixed size or mono spaced font and uses some proportional text instead, which is useless when displaying terminal command output. Please see below picture. Unfortunately, I can no longer resize the edtior window, but I guess you should see the difference.
It may not look so bad in the above screenshot, but it adds up when displaying more complex content. There are also still a lot of other nuisances, such as automatic text to table conversions - when this happens, you might as well cancel your post. Or not being able to use certain combinations of characters, without converting to smileys, etc., etc...
As far as I can tell, the editor has not really improved during the last 5 years, despite of all the "we are looking into it" assurance. Isn't the editor one of the most critical components? Why doesn't the platform vendor provide a more reasonable content editor?