• 3,827,951 Users
  • 2,260,843 Discussions
  • 7,897,412 Comments

Discussions

campaign did not received immediately

annaramos
annaramos Member Posts: 2
edited Nov 8, 2018 9:36AM in Social Groups

Hi, I have a situation wherein S1 initially has 7 members. But after activation, my S1 indicated 6 contacts only.

I suspect that maybe one of the email addresses (ContactA) from S1 is also in S2. When I checked, yes, ContactA is also inside S2.

My understanding is, ContactA of S2 should be disregarded and ContactA of S1 should received Email immediately. Please advise. Thanks so much!

pastedImage_2.png

Answers

• KayK
    KayK Member Posts: 1,719 Bronze Crown
    edited Oct 29, 2018 8:57AM
    annaramos wrote:Please advise.

Hi Annaromas,

it will be helpfull if you tell us which tool do you use. Then someone can show you a community that can answer your question.

Have a look at these places:

regards

Kay

• annaramos
    annaramos Member Posts: 2
    edited Oct 31, 2018 4:06AM

Hello Kay! thanks for your reply. I'm using Oracle Eloqua Marketing Cloud. Sorry, I'm a newbie Eloqua user.

• Jim-D
    Jim-D Member Posts: 584 Bronze Crown
    edited Oct 31, 2018 9:00AM

I think the correct space would be within the community.

• Valeria Moore-Oracle
    Valeria Moore-Oracle Member Posts: 1
    edited Nov 5, 2018 11:30AM

The contact will not receive the email twice if your setting "Allow contacts to enter the campaign more than once" is not checked.  You can learn more about this setting on the Oracle Eloqua Help Center: https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/Help/Campaigns/Tasks/CreatingMultiStepCampaigns.htm which states the following:

• To allow a contact to enter the campaign more than once, click the Allow contacts to enter the campaign more than once option. If you select this option, after a contact enters the campaign, the contact can enter the campaign again. For example, if you want to allow contacts to flow through a different path of your campaign and receive a different email. Or if you have an ongoing campaign where assets regularly change each time the contact flows through the campaign.

Without this checked, the contacts won't enter the campaign more than once.

As your contact was in both segments, it will get the email immediately but not again after the wait period.