Forum Stats

• 3,853,803 Users
  • 2,264,276 Discussions
  • 7,905,450 Comments

Discussions

No points in General Database Discussions?

Answers

• GregV
    GregV Member Posts: 3,093 Gold Crown
    edited Feb 8, 2019 6:12AM

Hi Chtraisai,

Same problem for me with this thread, the points were not added :

xmltype data retrieval

Thanks

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 11, 2019 7:57AM

Hi,

do you need to know the individual posts that have missed marking, if so; -

a. can we guarantee that we find them all by comparing inbox marks with activity marks?

b. is there really no system wide fix for this, is there nothing at the back end that allows the same 'Correct or Helpful' in inbox And  not exists in Marks at the back end?

c. Shouldn't there be some kind of general message goes out if it is on a basis of you have to ask or you do not get the marks(?) - I did not mind too much in the scheme of things, but if you are struggling to the base camp of one of the lower levels then maybe the marks mean more to you...

• BrunoVroman
    BrunoVroman Member Posts: 1,848 Silver Crown
    edited Feb 12, 2019 9:05AM

Another one:

Thanks and best regards,

Bruno

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Silver Trophy
    edited Feb 13, 2019 10:04AM

I suspect there's no news yet from Bunchball?

Because just noticed there's still no points handed out:

My response was marked as helpful, yet points and missions never changed.

Sorry to have caused you so much work...

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini Data Engineer Sr Consultant Member Posts: 4,004 Silver Crown
    edited Feb 13, 2019 12:48PM

Hi, I noticed that this answer that was marked as correct a few minutes ago in the forum has also some problems:

QUERY SINGLE PARTITION VIA PROCEDURE gives ORA-02149: Specified partition does not exist

1) It does not show in my profile reputation section (the last activity seems to be three weeks old, but I have been very busy and did not participated too much on the forums, so I may have not receive other correct/helpfull marks in the meanwhile except for today correct answer):

pastedImage_2.png

2) It did not added the points to the profile.

Just for you too know that the issue still exists.

Regards,

Lisandro

• Paulzip
    Paulzip Member Posts: 8,755 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 13, 2019 6:53PM

Yeah, I was just about to report this zero points bug after not getting any when I should've.

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 14, 2019 3:13AM

Can you add; -

pastedImage_1.png

and

pastedImage_3.png

To your list please.

• [Deleted User]
    edited Feb 14, 2019 3:36AM

The funny thing is that I am getting points for this thread (marking as helpful still adds 10 points and also show up on the Reputation tab in my profile).

Don't know if that extra info is helpful?

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 42,326 Red Diamond
    edited Feb 14, 2019 5:07AM

So, how does a person know if they are not getting their points?   Without watching points and watching what gets marked as correct/helpful and checking to see if the points changes, people aren't really going to know.  So it seems a little wrong for people who are watching to be manually awarded the points whilst others are going blindly about helping others without recognising that they are not been awarded the points they deserve.

If there's an issue, there should be a technical solution to resolve it, and to identify everyone who has lost out and then adjust their points appropriately, otherwise some people are going to start complaining of unfairness.

Personally, I don't care about the points, and I can imagine that I've had things marked helpful or correct and not been awarded the points... but I just don't know.  What I do care about though is that all members are treated equally if there's an issue that needs resolving.

Andris Perkons-OracleGregVL. Fernigrini
  • [Deleted User]
    edited Feb 14, 2019 5:20AM

Oh I agree. It's just that every now and then I check my profile, and that is where I noticed the first one two weeks ago. So I asked the question, more out of curiosity than anything else (I thought at first that it was the place or something). From there it kind of spiralled out of control imho.

The thing is right now, because I know something is broken, I keep an eye on things, and that is why I noticed that if I do something in this question I get points awarded, but not if somebody else marks something I posted as helpful. I thought that might help in debugging this thing, which is why I remarked on it. Haven't asked for anything else (did apologize for the amount of work I caused Chitrasai ).