Forum Stats

• 3,852,881 Users
  • 2,264,145 Discussions
  • 7,905,157 Comments

Discussions

No points in General Database Discussions?

Answers

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 42,319 Red Diamond
    edited Feb 14, 2019 5:29AM

Oh, absolutely, it's good to help identify the issue. 

However the current solution of manually correcting the points for people who are pointing out specific threads where they should have received points is not a good one, and is biased.  That's something Chitra needs to bear in mind.

• ChitraHL-Oracle
    ChitraHL-Oracle Member Posts: 1,534 Employee
    edited Feb 14, 2019 12:05PM

I understand and completely agree.Apologies for causing confusions.

I initially thought of it because users who contributed should not loose the points.But yes we do not want to do any bias.We may have to look this from different perspective.

I will discuss with the team and let you know about manually assigning the points.

Sorry for the inconvenience ,

BluShadow
  • Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 14, 2019 6:01AM

If this is not now futile, also this, both helpful and correct...

pastedImage_0.png

• GregV
    GregV Member Posts: 3,093 Gold Crown
    edited Feb 14, 2019 6:20AM

I agree the problem should be fixed retroactively as well. We just can't check the threads all the times and feed this one with manual update requests, all the more when it's about database communities. I guess writing an update (or merge) script to fix the problem shouldn't be such a big deal, and you can find volunteers here ready to help with the statement if necessary

[Deleted User]Robert AngelChitraHL-OracleBluShadow
  • ChitraHL-Oracle
    edited Feb 14, 2019 11:32AM

@Gianni Ceresa

While a different thread marked today gave me the points.

Can you please help me with the thread which  gave you points ?

Is this the one

• Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,681 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 14, 2019 11:39AM

I guess the one which gave me points before to post here (and making it looks like a random thing) was probably more

was later in the day and also gave me point if not wrong.

• ChitraHL-Oracle
    edited Feb 14, 2019 11:50AM

Its strange .

It is working in some threads not working in few other threads

• mathguy
    mathguy Member Posts: 10,675 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 14, 2019 11:55AM
    Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:Its strange .It is working in some threads not working in few other threads 

Do you really mean that, or did you mean to suggest that perhaps it works in some communities and not in others?

• Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,681 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 14, 2019 2:50PM
    Chitrasai1-Oracle wrote:Its strange .It is working in some threads not working in few other threads 

Absolutely! I thought there was a pattern at first as I didn't got a correct one for 10 days or so, but then I saw it was more "random": one works, one doesn't. So ... good luck for finding where that thing come from

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 42,319 Red Diamond
    edited Feb 15, 2019 2:59AM

Someone hasn't inadvertently added a rule to limit the number of helpful/correct points a person can earn in a day have they?  I recall something like that is in place on the Community Ideas space to stop people just earning lots of points from lots of comments.