Forum Stats

• 3,853,803 Users
  • 2,264,276 Discussions
  • 7,905,450 Comments

Discussions

No points in General Database Discussions?

Answers

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 15, 2019 3:08AM

Hi BluShadow, if they have set a limit then the limit for me is zero.

Since the problem I have not received any points for marked correct or helpful in the 'groundbreakers' area, and I have had a number on a number of days.

• Robert Angel
    edited Feb 15, 2019 3:12AM

My latest - this was a marked helpful yesterday.

pastedImage_0.png

Please note as advised to Blushadow ALL of my groundbreaker correct / helpful have yielded zero points since the problem started - informing you in case there is anything pattern wise that you can glean from this.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Silver Trophy
    edited Feb 15, 2019 3:19AM
    BluShadow wrote:Someone hasn't inadvertently added a rule to limit the number of helpful/correct points a person can earn in a day have they? I recall something like that is in place on the Community Ideas space to stop people just earning lots of points from lots of comments.

I don't think that would be the case. I don't get many helpful or correct answers as it is (on average once per month or something), and even those get blocked .

However: it could be that such a limit being in place for the ideas community has been implemented poorly and is messing up other communities randomly. Or, something which I just thought of: it might have something to do with priviliges. I've noticed that I am getting points for marking answers as helpful, and for starting this thread, but nowhere else. And when Chitra marked my answer as correct, I did get the points, but when the OP on that thread I did not. This could be explained by priviliges being screwed up. Maybe worth a few tests...

• Robert Angel
    edited Feb 15, 2019 4:27AM

And another helpful, as I said it consistently gives me zero points - I feel like the UK in the Euro song contest...

pastedImage_0.png

KayKAJ
  • GregV
    GregV Member Posts: 3,093 Gold Crown
    edited Feb 15, 2019 4:35AM
    Robert Angel wrote:I feel like the UK in the Euro song contest...

LOL, you haven't seen the French performance yet

KayK
  • Robert Angel
    edited Feb 15, 2019 4:51AM

And again, nil point United Kingdom....

pastedImage_0.png

• ChitraHL-Oracle
    ChitraHL-Oracle Member Posts: 1,534 Employee
    edited Feb 15, 2019 6:22AM

No Nothing as such has been added.

• Robert Angel
    edited Feb 15, 2019 6:56AM

This couldn't be as simple as a capacity issue somewhere -  it is just with the intermittent 'works' / 'does not work' for some people - I have seen this before when routine maintenance routines bring the total size down temporarily so transactions can complete again, is there any pattern time wise in terms of what works, are they grouped together?

• Dude!
    Dude! Member Posts: 22,830 Black Diamond
    edited Feb 15, 2019 7:36AM

The problem could really be anything, including faulty hardware. According to my experience, the system or platform has had performance issues and sporadic glitches for quite some time, which were apparently addressed when the situation developed a level of emergency, but perhaps only rectified without really fixing the root cause.

Oracle has been adding or merging community after community and extending gamification to very complex levels. Perhaps the only thing that saved the situation so far was a decline in overall participation. Anyway, it's all jumping to conclusions based on speculation.

• Robert Angel
    edited Feb 15, 2019 7:49AM

No conclusions here, but yes, you got me on speculation...