Forum Stats

• 3,702,282 Users
  • 2,239,620 Discussions
  • 7,835,883 Comments

Discussions

No Longer Receiving Emails

PaulRowePaulRowe Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon

For the last few months all entries in my community.oracle.com Inbox have been emailed to my work email address. However, as of last Saturday (31st Aug), nothing is now being emailed through.  I have checked my settings and the box to receive emails is still checked, and all new discussions are in my community.oracle.com Inbox, so why would I not be getting any emails?

Paul

Best Answer

• PaulRowePaulRowe Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon
    edited September 2019 Accepted Answer

Done that - let's see what happens!!

Just hope it didn't lose my email Watches because I can't remember what I set up!

Answers

• BluShadowBluShadow Moderator Posts: 40,798 Red Diamond
    edited September 2019

The two main options I can think of:

a) the community is broken and not sending out emails (personally I have them turned off as I don't need the community emailing me loads of emails - so I can't tell if that's the case)

b) your company has seen too many emails from the same address and is now treating those emails as spam and blocking them

edited September 2019

Thanks for the feedback Blushadow.

1) I'd love to turn off emails, however, since Oracle Support stopped sending out new Legislation patch notifications, I have no other workable solution!  I need this info asap after it has been released.

2) Don't think this is the issue as we usually get notified of quarantined emails

• BluShadowBluShadow Moderator Posts: 40,798 Red Diamond
    edited September 2019

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

No, seriously, if you try turning off the email options in your profile and saving it, then go back and turn them on again, it may re-trigger something on the back end.

Worth a try at least.

edited September 2019 Accepted Answer

Done that - let's see what happens!!

Just hope it didn't lose my email Watches because I can't remember what I set up!