New Oracle Sign-On?

Dude!Dude! Posts: 22,824 Blue Diamond

withdrawn.

EdStevensL. FernigriniBilly MahoneyD Henkel

Answers

• EdStevensEdStevens Posts: 27,726 Gold Crown
    edited September 2019
    Dude! wrote:withdrawn.

Not sure what you withdrew, but one thing I noticed was that as part of the overall 'look', they apparently changed the default fonts .. to something that doesn't render as nicely only either my linux laptop or my Win10 workstation.  Looks like another change for change's sake.

Billy Mahoney
    edited September 2019

I missed that the logo was misssing.  Who puts up a corporate, customer facing portal web page and doesn't include the coprorate logo?  (Well, I guess now we know who ....)

• Timo HahnTimo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Moderator Posts: 36,397 Red Diamond
    edited September 2019

I just get

pastedImage_0.png

when I opened an Oracle page. So, Oracle is redesigning the web pages.

Timo

edited September 2019
    Dude! wrote:I miss the times when web designers used words instead of ambiguous signs and symbols. I also think mouse-over is bad design when necessary to make decisions or retrieve important information - many devices browsing the web do not have a mouse.

re: mouse-over .... especially when the sensitive area is directly in the path of common mouse movements.  Oracle's sites (especially these forums) seem to be the worst about throwing interfering (and often hard to clear) pop-ups when my mouse flies past a hot-spot on the way from point A to point B.

• Timo HahnTimo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Moderator Posts: 36,397 Red Diamond
    edited September 2019

Wait until Monday or Tuesday and hear what Larry tells us about this.

There will be an announcement about this.

Timo

edited September 2019

I think it's more than just which browser ..

Here's my Firefox, on Ubuntu, FWIW,  no background graphic at all.

pastedImage_0.png

edited September 2019

7Ok0xumWfNWaYPwQ4GfaYRTWz_RNcB4bbNffqHT9Zp29PqefNcDfoLmAKbwQjyO1VGMsXUfcISuYJRP9GpXgGux2-k0bTXLkfdzDzfLB_B8AjXKuNo1yD1WyVE1RQvSfUxRCOPH18e856mBFGN0u15IHYIPyrH9p4yLG9DP8kxZtdmzfEnGttNiD_lE1JQ6f-U_R3GIhy7IS1dlU6D1kRLj_Erja-25G_66rjIUWwqu3y3paWcZkkzCqnWKb-i8BAxcMCE50mJMEK-2k5edDrFRf3QZBj32YkeilEXabnMb2cgUtLeWqnNvbhsd_QGFMSAYyUjpwlACaOJFBRIefkSkxekB3S0J21M-9k2t_Su7EZTXKs67R8tFZGPZJuRK_lWlj2sGnTVqKt-lh4qt8dHkWXJlE-cvVYATecmPM_taBTTWoLG4jS1NNRRrfdS_DwMP9pXr7t74gYEGQ4Q6FClZXRNTYty97rkpS1dX3YLnXzwwEwkiiFvcGB1Ko_48DfSiE4hq0PvKku2RaQat-KDE5SmGRAKitOK5NYNcKudZjRTCWC16mzQakAy1MOGf46nYR2Vk8tVRlnsHeyD4ScjouZ2PbV3MPgU6BFChvcbd4j14RdE_nEqIt6pQz-Bd00DPhstWFcw6HPsCCYUS8JAUwF0BHll5hePpEcaOo-6M6oRJ7fLZZ8g=w3292-h1319-no

Looks like Oracle changes the overall branding a bit. This image I made from the OOW registration. Most of the red stuff we saw outside around OOW is gone too.

Timo

• Jim Finch-OracleJim Finch-Oracle Moderator Posts: 503 Employee
    edited September 2019

Yes, there's a company wide rebranding starting at OOW. No need to panic.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

In an unrelated note we redesigned the Groundbreakers Page on this platform (

And if someone wants to start a feedback thread for that, I'll read everything. We have limitations to what we can do just from this platform, so go easy on me please.

Ideas welcome.

Best,

Jim

Best,

Jim Finch

Community Experience Manager

System Admin

• Jim-DJim-D Posts: 584 Bronze Crown
    edited September 2019

Just noticed that @James M. Finch-Oracle suggested we start a new thread for Groundbreakers feedback, so I started it at Feedback about the new Groundbreakers page

EdStevensL. FernigriniBilly Mahoney
    edited September 2019

And today, at least on my Win10 workstation running Firefox 68.0.2, I suddenly get that abstract background on the SSO page.  Before (reported earlier in this thread, there was no artwork background.

Why do I feel like we're dealing with a moving target?

pastedImage_0.png

edited September 2019
    Dude! wrote:Do you know you can resize the image? just copy and past the picture, wait a moment for it to resize and then grab one of the corners and shrink it. I suppose it's a problem with the platform software, but these images are exploding in my face.
    pastedImage_1.png

thanks. I'll try to remember that.

In my defense, it wasn't that big when I pasted it in, and immediately after I pasted, the editor made it even smaller than it was when first pasted.  It looked fine when I hit the 'post' button.