Forum Stats

• 3,702,287 Users
  • 2,239,621 Discussions
  • 7,835,884 Comments

Discussions

Please get rid of the "take the tour" banner

Dude!Dude! Posts: 22,824 Blue Diamond

May I suggest to get rid of the "Take a tour" banner that occupies almost half of the page? Every time I log on I have to go through the usual clicking rigmarole and click away the cookie dialog and tour banner. Since the site has also become slower, it's increasingly getting annoying just to log in.

I can't see the big advantage that justifies the tour banner. I understand that once you finish the tour, some cookie will be updated and the banner does not show again, but seriously, who keeps cookies around? My cookies are deleted when I quit the browser. Maybe send people who sign on for the first time the URL instead.

pastedImage_0.png

Andris Perkons-OracleEdStevensJim-D

Comments

• L. FernigriniL. Fernigrini Database Practice Lead - Posts: 3,434 Bronze Crown
    edited October 2019

I agree, maybe rather than keeping that info in a cookie (that depends on browser) it should be saved (hidden) into the profile, whether to show the banner or not...

EdStevensJim-D
  • Jim-DJim-D Posts: 584 Bronze Crown
    edited October 2019

@L. Fernigrini - If your idea was posted in , I would vote yes.

edited October 2019

I will create it, I was searching if there was other similar

Jim-D
    edited October 2019

Done:

Jim-D
    edited October 2019

I saw it, but is not what I suggested. You ask to remove it or show it once a week.

I suggest to remove "Take the tour" from the login screen. Maybe display it once a week only, or put it onto the user registration screen or Getting Started forum.

For me the place is OK, I believe the problem is that the user advance / completion information is stored on the client side while it should be part of the user profile stored on the server.