Forum Stats

• 3,722,875 Users
  • 2,244,428 Discussions
  • 7,850,121 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planning Cloud (PBCS) Certification New Version and Practice Questions

Zagato
Zagato Member Posts: 4

Hello All,

I have been preparing for the PBCS Certification exam 1z0-982 for a while now. Just today, I went online to register and I realized that there is a new version of the exam 1z0-1080. I compared the two versions topics thoroughly and I couldn't spot any differences except the addition of the Financial Reporting Studio. Also, I see that the new version 1z0-1080 has 63 questions as opposed to 80 questions in 1z0-982! Now I'm a bit indifferent about which version to register for. I have been preparing and practicing based on the 1z0-982 version. I understand that it's always better to go for the latest version but I'm not sure if this would be a good idea now. It seems like that version has just been released.

Has anyone taken the 1z0-1080 ? Do you know a reliable website to try and practice the new version questions?

I'd appreciate your help.

Answers

• Ian Hayman - Accenture
    Ian Hayman - Accenture Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020

Hello,

Have you taken the exam yet? And if so, how did you get on? I don't know of anyone who has taken it!

I have taken the 1Z0-1080 exam (and failed by 3 or 4 questions), I'm planning to re-sit soon.

I have also passed the 1Z0-982 exam a couple of years ago.

There are some questions that have carried forward from the old exam to the new exam - about 50% of them at a guess.

The new questions seem to be based on the ULS learning material here:

https://learn.oracle.com/ols/learning-path/51518/60890

From the post-exam analysis I got - which tells you which topics you need to brush up on - I recognised content here that related directly to the questions I remembered from the exam.

Unfortunately I don't know of any web site that has practice questions for the new exam.

Hope that this helps

Ian

• Zagato
    Zagato Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020

Hi,

I passed the 1Z0-1080 last November. Surprisingly, it retires this week (31 May 2020)!! They introduced the 1Z0-1080-20 which covers exactly the same topics. I'm wondering what's the point of retiring a certification which was only introduced last year.

I see that the 1Z0-533 Hyperion Planning 11 (On-Prem) exam is still valid!!

Will this will keep going every year?

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini Data Engineer Sr Consultant Member Posts: 3,512 Bronze Crown
    edited May 2020

AFAIK, cloud certification are valid for a 18 months period since you get them, and they are renewed yearly. Since the products change / evolve continously that seems quite logic.

Being retired means that you cannot take the exam anymore, but your certification will still be valid till April / May 2021 (18 months).

Regards,