Forum Stats

• 3,723,799 Users
  • 2,244,619 Discussions
  • 7,850,707 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OCI exam question (1z0-1072)

Andy68
Andy68 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi

I am studying for the above exam. I'm focused on the Oracle Database Cloud Service topic currently.

I am using exam study guides, i.e., typical questions that come up on the exam.

One question that comes up a few times on the exam paper I have is:

What scaling option does DBCS on Bare Metal Shape offer?

A. network bandwidth

B. CPU

C. Storage

D. Memory

Answer: C

I thought the answer was actually B, CPU. I am using the following reference: https://docs.cloud.oracle.com/iaas/Content/Database/Concepts/overview.htm

It mentions the two shape options for Bare Metal and storage considerations but nothing specifically about scaling options.

It then moves on to VM DB Systems, stating:

Virtual machine DB systems also differ from bare metal DB systems in the following ways:

• A virtual machine DB system database uses Oracle Cloud Infrastructure block storage instead of local storage. You specify a storage size when you launch the DB system, and you can scale up the storage as needed at any time.
  • The number of CPU cores on an existing virtual machine DB system cannot be changed.

These two bullet-points suggest to me that the number of CPU cores cannot be changed on a VM DB system, but can on a Bare Metal DB system, and storage cannot be changed on a Bare Metal system but can on a VM DB system.

Can someone put me out of my misery and confirm either way?

Thanks

Andy

Answers