- 3,723,806 Users
- 2,244,620 Discussions
- 7,850,715 Comments
- 3 Introduce Yourself!
- 141 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 60 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 51 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 63 How Do I Use the Community?
- 12 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 9 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 82 Certification Community
- 4.7K Certification Community Discussions
- 32 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 26 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 32 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Which is better cloud or on-premise certification for a DBA?
I have been working as Oracle DBA for 3 years and now I want to earn an oracle Certification.
Even if the on-premise Database work could be very nice and satisfying, I have to look at where Database market is going: the Cloud.
In this moment I have not seen lots of Oracle Cloud environments and all firms I worked with (that are mainly Banks and Insurance companies) are very reluctant to migrate all their primary Databases to the cloud (maybe because of European GDPR laws - actually, this is what I heard).
But anyway, (reading online) seems that Cloud Era is going to start and all DBAs need to be prepared to this kind of "huge change".
So, I would like to know your opinion about which could be the best study-time investment: cloud or on-premise?
A DBA needs to spend lots of time preparing an OCP on-premise certification (1Z0-071, 1Z0-062 and 1Z0-063), but is it still useful? Is is woth it to spend this time?