Forum Stats

• 3,769,306 Users
  • 2,252,946 Discussions
  • 7,874,982 Comments

Discussions

Do not create the windows service when running Netca in Oracle 19

Oracle 19 standard 2 is being installed on a new windows 2012 server standard server.

When the listener is created with netca, it does not create the windows service and when you want to raise the listener with lsnrctl start it gives an error TNS-12560 and TNS-00511

the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files are correct and the server ping works correctly.

when the netca is executed to re-create or configure the listener it gives an error TNS-04406

Jim-D

Answers

• Alexis Brown-Oracle
    Alexis Brown-Oracle Member Posts: 29 Employee
    edited Feb 21, 2020 3:35PM

Hi @polacof,

You have created this post in the , which is not a place to share Oracle product related discussions or ask questions (it is only for community platform specific topics). Furthermore, you have created this post as a question, when I believe it should be a discussion, as I do not see any question being asked. Therefore, I ask that you (1) move this post to the relative product subspace () and (2) un-mark this discussion as a question unless you have a question for the community associated with this topic. You can do this by clicking the 'un-mark this discussion as a question' text at the top of the post:

Capture.PNG

If you need any assistance, please let me know, and I would be happy to help. Another helpful reference to learning more about the community can be found here: .

Thank you,

Alexis

My Oracle Support Community Administrator

Jim-D