Forum Stats

• 3,708,958 Users
  • 2,241,165 Discussions
  • 7,840,719 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NoScript XSS-Warning in this forum when using Tor (only)

andremlandreml Posts: 859 Blue Ribbon

Hi there,
I really do hope this is not a stupid question.
...but I'm concerned with this question...

I'm a little rattled. Can I ignore that and just accept it? Or should I do something about it?
And if yes, what shall I do?

Thank you in advance and best Regards

Andre

The subject:
When using „Tor“ browser (and only then) and browsing this Forum.

There is this cookie thing as with any other browser:

pastedImage_0.png

However, with Tor even when I click “I accept all cookies”
nevertheless on every page load I‘m getting this warning (three times in a row):

pastedImage_1.png

NoScript XSS-Warnung

NoScript erkannte einen möglichen Cross-Site Scripting Angriff
(NoScript detected a possible cross-site scripting attack)

von https://1106306.fls.doubleclick.net nach https://adservice.google.com.

Verdächtige Daten:
(Suspect data:)

(URL) https://adservice.google.com/ddm/fls/i/src=1106306;type=ubert0;cat=awarn0;u1=[PAGE NAME];u2=[SITE SECTION];u3=[USER TYPE];u4=[PRODUCT INTEREST];u5=[LOGGED IN STATUS];u6=[COMPANY];u7=[JOB TITLE];u8=[CITY];u9=[STATE];u10=[ZIP];u11=[USER ACTION];u12=[GLOBAL ID];u13=[COMPANY SIZE];u14=[VIDEO TITLE];u15=[CTA/LINK NAME];u16=[FILE DOWNLOADED];u17=[CURRENT PAGE URL];dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;npa=;ord=1;num=4604472775965.185;~oref=https://3573281.fls.doubleclick.net/

Answers

• andremlandreml Posts: 859 Blue Ribbon
    edited May 2020

Hi Dude!

Well, it may sound strange but the reason is even strange too and kind of simple.

Usually I use FF for “regular” browsing.

However, I made the experience that when I open a new thread here (or response to an existing) then (almost every time) it’s the case that I cannot see these changes for a very long time.

Sometimes it’s helpful when I go forth the paging and back afterward. But that does not help every time.

So it often happens that I cannot see/find my own changes for some period of time (hours to a day).

And by the way: The same happend with this topic.

I closed my FF and was unable to find this topic when I opened FF again – only as I got the e-mail notification of your response and clicked the direct link inside the mail.

Honestly, in the meantime I really wondered if made something in between that made me forgot to save my entry.

That's really annoying.

However, I learned (by try and error) that when I use different browser that (in almost all such situations) I can overcome this, because with a different browser (and the same url) I’m able to see my former changes/entries. And yes, also in FF I have disables all that caching stuff (at least as far as I can manage it over settings)

That leads me from FF to IE, Edge, Opera, Vivaldi …. and in the end also to Tor.

No criminal mind behind that. Just and only pure desperation.

Well, that’s the story behind the story…

Tor in the end because it seems that it runs the calls over different servers and I thought it would that way bypass some cache servers that give me old stuff.

Maybe it's just a fairy tale, I don't know.
    And Yeah, I know Tor's bad reputation in the regards you mentioned and know what you mean.

I'll keep my jacket clean!

Anyway, thank you for your response (and hidden warning)

Best Regards

Andre

• L. FernigriniL. Fernigrini Database Practice Lead - Posts: 3,457 Bronze Crown
    edited May 2020

You did not mention Chrome, works OK here for me 99% of the time

edited May 2020

Yes, you are right. Mea culpa.
    I noticed the same thing last night before I went to sleep. And I had a sleepless night because of it.
    Of course I also use chrome - Even when they no longer say: Don't be:

Regard

Andre

edited May 2020

Hi Dude!

as far as I know: NO; no web proxy in use that needs to be kicked.

->

pastedImage_3.png

Well, exactly what I’m faced with.

->

pastedImage_4.png

No, I really take care that no such stuff gets stored on my local box – at least as far as I can control it.

pastedImage_6.png

Once again many thanks

and best Regards

Andre

edited May 2020

Hi Dude!

You: I actually keep local copies of the documents I post in Firefox and Safari.

Maybe another stupid question: How do you do that?

If I safe postings (I do that not always) then in MS Word files; however, they are completely unrelated to what's in the web/browser.

I'm, a little confused ... could it be I might misunderstand you there?

Best Regards

Andre

edited May 2020

Hi Dude!

Thank you very much for your help.

I just changed the value from default 3 to 0.

I will observe it and see if anything will happen.

Best Regards

Andre

edited May 2020

Nothing has changed after the changes...

Please see the difference:

1. Firefox: Shows that there are two responses, however when you go into the thread there is only one displayed.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

2.Edge: Shows that there are two responses, however when you go into the thread there is realy two are displayedpastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Very strange... I think I will stop wondering now and keep on using Tor .

Regards

Andre

edited May 2020

Hi Dude!,

Well, I know the pics are very tiny.
    The only thing it should show is that the "detail" view is different; the one contains 1 response the other 2, even when the overview shows the same number of response (2).

And regarding Tor: Well just kidding. - I thought the emoji indicated that clearly enough.... I'll try it again right away

Thanks and best Regards

Andre