- 3,722,889 Users
- 2,244,435 Discussions
- 7,850,131 Comments
- 3 Introduce Yourself!
- 140 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 60 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 51 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 62 How Do I Use the Community?
- 12 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 9 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 77 Certification Community
- 4.7K Certification Community Discussions
- 32 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 26 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 32 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Need help getting dbms_utility.get_time variable working in sqlplus script
I have never asked for help here, but here goes.
i am trying to create an sqlplus sql file that can connect to a database.a
I need to find the time to connect via a variable so that I can test the difference.
So I am trying to use dbms_utility.get_time
I have seen examples, on
set serveroutput on
variable ntime number
:ntime := dbms_utility.get_time
:ntime := (DBMS_utility.get_time - :ntime) / 100 to get it into seconds.
I have never been able to see the value of :ntime
But I never see the :ntime value
NOTE: I want to do this programatically so I AM not going to use sqlplus set timer on
And I was told I cant do a execute immediate of connect with a block.