- 5.1K All Categories
- 11 Introduce Yourself!
- 357 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 85 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 73 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 74 How Do I Use the Community?
- 25 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 14 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 4.8K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 28 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 60 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Optimize query calling UDF with CLOB input parameter
I'm trying to optimize oracle query which has clob field in the table. All the clob texts are unique.
The select statement is trying to calling multiple UDF (17 different UDFs) inline and send the clob field as the input parameter.
These UDFs are doing a pattern search using regex_substr() function.
select UDF1(clob field) as field1,
UDF2(clob field) as field2,
This table has little over 7000 records, yet it takes around 6 hour to execute.
Can anyone guide me how can I reduce the context switching / make the UDF functions more efficient / optimize the query.