Forum Stats

• 3,707,892 Users
  • 2,240,901 Discussions
  • 7,839,889 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community display name

Dear Community,

I've changed my display name after clicking on edit link. The Oracle account looks fine, but this is not reflected on Community as I'm still seeing a number as a display name.

Is it an issue with synchronisation between sites?

Many thanks,

/V

Comments

• L. FernigriniL. Fernigrini Database Practice Lead - Posts: 3,448 Bronze Crown
    edited July 2020

I believe it takes some time to sync between the profile on Oracle and the profile on JIVE (that is the software that runs current communty site).

Also, If I do not remember wrong (may be something that was that way years ago) , you may see the change after login out and login in again.If you stay connected you still see the old one..

• Jim Finch-OracleJim Finch-Oracle Moderator Posts: 524 Employee
    edited July 2020

As L. stated, it usually takes some time for Jive to catch up. It's not something we can change from this end as it's an outside program controlling the profiles.

Best,

Jim

System Admin

Best,

Jim Finch

Community Experience Manager

System Admin

• 31823593182359 Posts: 6
    edited July 2020

Hi there, thanks for the feedback.

I did the change last year, so probably it's an issue. Not a biggy I'd say, but maybe something to have in consideration.

My Orion user (support portal) looks fine, it's just Jive/Lithium/Khoros (I've lost count of how many times Jive's been changed/adquired by other companies )

Cheers,

/V

• L. FernigriniL. Fernigrini Database Practice Lead - Posts: 3,448 Bronze Crown
    edited July 2020

Then I would suggest you to try to change the name again.. and check if ti gets reflected here.

edited July 2020

I've done that already and it doesn't make any difference.

Cheers

• BluShadowBluShadow Moderator Posts: 40,813 Red Diamond
    edited August 2020

Have you actually logged out and then logged back in, explicitly?

edited August 2020

Actually yes, I'm experiencing this since I've joined in 2016. But now there's an SR opened for this internally.

As mentioned it's not a biggy, but I was just wondering was would be the root cause.

ta

This discussion has been closed.