Forum Stats

• 3,708,609 Users
  • 2,241,091 Discussions
  • 7,840,493 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Restore a document

Dude!Dude! Posts: 22,824 Blue Diamond

I just published a new document how to copy documents and blogs and spent the last several days creating it. The instructions illustrate how to save blogs and documents as external HTML files without losing any info or formatting of the original, including how to edit or update if necessary.

After making some final change and publishing it again, it somehow reverted to a very old version. I have not seen this before. I check "manage versions" and the previous version was ok, but instead of deleting the last version I accidentally deleted the document.

Is there any way to restore it please. Otherwise a lot of work and valuable information will be lost:

https://community.oracle.com/docs/DOC-1038857

The title was "How to copy your documents and blogs"

Update:

new URL:

Robert Nedelkow-Oracle

Answers

• Timo HahnTimo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Moderator Posts: 36,620 Red Diamond
    edited July 2020

Moderators can't get there either

Calling @Jim Finch-Oracle for help on this.

Timo

Dude!
  • Jim Finch-OracleJim Finch-Oracle Moderator Posts: 524 Employee
    edited August 2020

Weirdly, enough, I can see the page but it says it's deleted. It's not in the deleted directory so I can't restore it from the tools. When I try to republish it directly from the page, I get an access error.

My guess it was published when they were turning new blogs and documents off and was caught up in the changes to the system.

I saved it as a PDF and it's uploaded to this document.

You may have to repurpose one of your old documents in order to have a space for it because I can access an image of it, but I can't get to it in the restore document tool.

I'll escalate.

Best,

Jim

System Admin

Best,

Jim Finch

Community Experience Manager

System Admin

Dude!
    edited July 2020

It *should* for the next few hours. That said, this being this instance of Jive and you've already had one document that I can't even fix, yeah, backing up the instructions just in case is best. Just in case.

Best,

Jim

System Admin

Best,

Jim Finch

System Admin

Dude!
    edited August 2020
    Dude! wrote:The system allowed me to do one more update this morning, but any subsequent attempt to change results in the following error
    pastedImage_0.png

I thought the deal was you can still update existing documents, just not create new ones.

It's the currently platform. The entire feature ended up needing to be turned off. There wasn't a way to leave it partially active and enable editing.

Best,

Jim

System Admin

Best,

Jim Finch

System Admin

Robert Nedelkow-Oracle
This discussion has been closed.