Forum Stats

• 3,714,818 Users
  • 2,242,634 Discussions
  • 7,845,078 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exam's Time Constraint Concern

User_6G9O0
User_6G9O0 Member Posts: 2 Employee

Hi All,

For OCI Architect Associate exam or any other, it was mentioned as 105 mins. in the exam description and during the registration.  Please find the attachment.

Exam Details.PNG.

But, during the exam the time allocated was 85 mins.

What was the reason? Any idea on it?

Thanks,

Arun Jadhav

Tagged:

Answers

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini BI / ETL Consultant Member Posts: 3,463 Bronze Crown
    edited August 2020

I believe it includes the time you need to prepare the environment, etc.

The same happened with all the exams I took from OCI; the time on the actual exam tool was 15-20 minutes less than the one showed.

User_UQPKM
  • User_6G9O0
    User_6G9O0 Member Posts: 2 Employee
    edited August 2020

Thanks for replying, @L. Fernigrini

They themselves mentioned as 105 mins. and allocated only 85 mins.

When the complexity of the exam increases gradually, they either should allow extra time or reduce the number of questions.

To read questions itself takes long time.  And, not only questions but the answers are also long. So it takes time to understand and compare each option.  Sometimes, we had to scroll the window on the tool to view all the options completely.  Such a long Q&As were they.

It's very unfair to provide same duration for different complexity of exams. 

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini BI / ETL Consultant Member Posts: 3,463 Bronze Crown
    edited August 2020

I have to disagree...  it is not unfair. When you are on primary (elementary) school you you have one hour to solve an exam... And in University you also have one hour to solve an exam.

The exam is quite more complex, but you have quite more experience. The same happens with Oracle exams, the OCI Architect Associate one expects you to have at least one six months of experience on OCI,(and 1 year for Proffessional):

pastedImage_1.png

But I do agree that the time informed should match the time available.