Forum Stats

• 3,708,901 Users
  • 2,241,152 Discussions
  • 7,840,697 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dashboard does not open drill down reports if URL reload

Rai Qaiser HussainRai Qaiser Hussain Posts: 102 Red Ribbon

Hi All

I have added following code on dashboard, it reload the page properly but after this code it stops to open drill down reports, before this code and after deleting this code drill down reports start working fine.

My requirement is to hide the Password parameter from URL which We are opening from command prompt

Can anyone please suggest the solution?

Following Script is added on dashboard

<script>

window.onload = function reloadPageWithoutPassword() {

if(window.location.href.indexOf('nQPassword')>0) {

location.replace("/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard");

}

}

</script>

Answers

• Christian BergChristian Berg Managing Director Posts: 9,376 Gold Crown
    edited August 2020
    Rai Qaiser Hussain wrote:I have added following code on dashboard

1m $ question: Why would you do that?

• Rai Qaiser HussainRai Qaiser Hussain Posts: 102 Red Ribbon
    edited August 2020

Hi Christian

Infact for some users, we are trying to open the URL from command prompt and pass the parameters dynamically at rutime, as you can see when someone open the dashboard then parameters are hidden (Fig.1) but when someone mistakenly / intentionally try to open the same URL again (when existing page is already open in new TAB / new Window) then complete parameters are visible (Fig.2), my requirement is to hide credentials from parameters, if crendentials are visible then redirect the page and replace the URL.

I have tried to replace with JavaScript but it stops the opening of drill down reports

Fig.1 When I try to open dashboard "A" from command prompt

Fig.2, If dashboard "A" is already open and someone tried to open again then it shows complete parameters including nQUser and nQPassword

pastedImage_2.png

regards

• Christian BergChristian Berg Managing Director Posts: 9,376 Gold Crown
    edited August 2020

As always if you don't provide any context information (versions, etc as explicitly written and posted about 500 times this year already: ) it's hard to give an exact answer, BUT...

...with what you're doing? Have fun. You are doing things you shouldn't ever do as they're interfering with the behaviour of the page and all the issues related to your custom code are your home-grown issues and support will most likely also tell you "don't do it and it will work perfectly".

Maybe some script kiddie in the forum will like this thread.

Good luck.

Rai Qaiser Hussain
  • Rai Qaiser HussainRai Qaiser Hussain Posts: 102 Red Ribbon
    edited August 2020

Thanks for your comments