Forum Stats

• 3,714,814 Users
  • 2,242,631 Discussions
  • 7,845,075 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Z0-047 pre-req for 1Z0-149?

TR7
TR7 Member Posts: 16 Blue Ribbon

I passed the 1Z0-047 exam in 2015. Does this satisfy the first exam requirement for 1Z0-149?

TR7

Answers

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini BI / ETL Consultant Member Posts: 3,463 Bronze Crown
    edited September 2020

The exams do not have prerequisites, the certification does.

Lets say that to get an "Associate Certification" on the subject "X" you need to pass exams 101 and 102, and to get the "Professional Certification" you need to be an Associate and pass exam 201.

Of you take exam 101 and 102 (any order) when you pass the second one you will receive the Associate Certification. Later you pass exam 201, then you get the Professional Certification.

But you can also take exam 201 first. Even of you pass it, you wont receive a certification since you lack the prereqiusite. Then you pass exams 101 and 102 (in any order) and you will receive both Associate and Professional certifications together.

That happened to me many times ago, I had 4 exams scheduled to get the Oracle 9i Database Administrator Professional (2 for Associate and 2 for Professional at that time). The proctor site was unavailable for exam #1 due to problems so I took exams 2, 3, 4, and last #1, and then I received both certifiactions.

Regarding the path you mention:

https://education.oracle.com/products/trackp_OCPPLSQL19C

pastedImage_1.png

It only mentions exams 1Z0-071 and 1Z0-149, so it seems that 1Z0-047 is not included on the path...

The 1Z0-047 exams is retired (you cannot take it anymore) but it is still valid as pre-requisite for the old 11g PL/SQL track, that requires 3 exams (2 for Associate, one from a list that includes 1Z0-047 + 1Z0-144 (mandatory), and then 1Z0-148 for Professional) and is being retired also at the end of October:

https://education.oracle.com/oracle-pl-sql-developer-certified-associate/trackp_162

TR7TR7
  • TR7
    edited September 2020

L. Fernigrini - thank you for your response. I see that 1Z0-047 is not included on the path for 1Z0-149, however 1Z0-047 is also not included on the path for 1Z0-148, however according to Brandye Barrington's post at https://community.oracle.com/message/15373057#15373057: "The 1Z0-047 exam will fulfill the SQL exam requirement to earn Oracle Database PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional. If you've passed that exam, you can go on to take 1Z0-148."

So it may be that, even though 1Z0-047 is also not included on the path for 1Z0-148, it still may "count" towards the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional Certification, I don't know.

Please let me know if you think I missed something.

• L. Fernigrini
    L. Fernigrini BI / ETL Consultant Member Posts: 3,463 Bronze Crown
    edited September 2020

It may be that it is still valid, and the certification page does not show all the information as was mentioned on this thread, that I myself started more than two years ago...

Take a look at the last answer on the thread, Brandye mentions that the page does not show retired exams even if they are still "valid", so it may be worth waiting for a re-confirmation from @Brandye Barrington-Oracle.

But on other pages, retired exams do appear (and it's better I believe):

https://education.oracle.com/es/oracle-pl-sql-developer-certified-associate/trackp_162

pastedImage_3.png

TR7TR7
  • TR7
    edited September 2020

OK … yes I'm hoping to get confirmation from someone with the Oracle Cert Program/Dept. that the 1Z0-047 exam will fulfill the SQL exam requirement to earn the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional Certification (which requires passing exam 1Z0-149 as "step 2").