- 3,735,127 Users
- 2,247,116 Discussions
- 7,857,693 Comments
- 5K All Categories
- 6 Introduce Yourself!
- 291 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 66 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 55 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 65 How Do I Use the Community?
- 12 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 10 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 26 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 33 Visual Builder Cloud Service
SPARC, The State-of-the-Art-In-Silicon Acceleration of Encrypted Workloads
By Erik Benner, Enterprise Architect, Mythics Inc., Oracle ACE
This is an extended version of my OOW session, where I will show how SPARC servers can accelerate encryption workloads, and will show how this effect database and WLS workloads. I will run swingbench against a database, then encrypt the table space using TDE, and rerun the same benchmarks. I will go over the history of SPARC, and show where the T4 added in the ability to boost encryption speeds. I will also show how newer generations of SPARC, like the SPARC X also boost in-memory database workloads.