This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,877 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Transition Feedback Thread

Comments

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Mr UKMember, Moderator Posts: 42,706 Red Diamond

It's only a small step to get the button to appear. I've done it, even as a moderator, and it took just a minute. Now I don't have to concern myself with it.

No, everything is not reviewed before being visible on the board. There are thousands of people posting across multiple places, and the moderating team (most of whom are volunteers with their own jobs to do) wouldn't have time to check everything. We have to have measures in place to try and prevent automated spam. On the old community new members had to wait for moderators to approve their first post, but this community doesn't support that. So, other measures are in place.

Ignore the squiggles in the background. Jim has already said that they shouldn't be big and distracting like that. It wasn't like that in the test environment and something has gone wrong somewhere; and it's being investigated. It will be fixed in time.

• User_WLPNV
    User_WLPNV Member Posts: 16 Green Ribbon

Thanks BluShadow- perhaps you can explain (i.e. give instructions) of how to 'get the button to appear' - i.e. 'add a post'.

Or, since I'm classed a newbie, am I not allowed to start a new discusssion?

• Jim Finch-Oracle
    Jim Finch-Oracle Community Experience Manager, Oracle Communities; System Admin Cogan Station, PAMember Posts: 564 Employee

Hi User,

I'm sorry you're experiencing a problem. Simply read the user guide in order to bypass the newbie level. The instruction you've requested is there.

As soon as you follow the instructions in the guide, you'll bypass the level and the button will appear.

Best,

Jim Finch

Community Experience Manager

System Admin

mathguy
  • User_WLPNV

Hi Jim

I don't know why everything is so difficult? why don't people explain in simple terms

BluShadow never explained how to add the button

Now you've not explained WHERE is the user guide;

A simple link would suffice.

Thanks

By being economical with your answers may suit you best but not when people havce to keep coming back for more information.

• Jim Finch-Oracle
    Jim Finch-Oracle Community Experience Manager, Oracle Communities; System Admin Cogan Station, PAMember Posts: 564 Employee

Hi User,

We're simply asking you to follow the link and read the guide. It's less than 10 or so lines long, along with the link that will allow you to completely bypass the newbie level. Please, click the link, follow the instructions there. It will literally take you 30 seconds.

Best,

Jim Finch

System Admin

• User_OCZ1T
    User_OCZ1T Member Posts: 1,923 Gold Badge
    edited Oct 1, 2020 4:02PM

@Jim Finch-Oracle I had posted one of the thread(as below) in wrong category. Its related to Oracle performance issue. And in this new forum we don't have privilege to move the threads across different category. Would you be able to move it to correct place. I believe it should be either in "general database discussion" or "sql plsql" or if any Oracle performance specific category in this new forum.

https://community.oracle.com/tech/apps-infra/discussion/4475739/high-checkpoint-waits#latest

• User_WLPNV
    edited Oct 1, 2020 3:02PM

Hello Jim,

BluShadow sent me a link, namely:

EDITED.

Is that the link you are referring to? if not, then why can't you just post the link in your reply and send it to me, otherwise, I don't have a clue what link you are referring to? - sometimes I despair!

• Jim Finch-Oracle

Hi user,

That was indeed the link. I've edited your post as we don't want that information in this public forum. Hence, the newbies should be going to the newbie guide.

Thanks!

Best,

Jim Finch

System Admin

• User_WLPNV

Ah OK, Thanks Jim, sorry about that!

• user10472047
    user10472047 Member Posts: 212 Red Ribbon
    edited Oct 1, 2020 4:04PM

Hi @Jim Finch-Oracle ,

we used to subscribe/follow few individuals, whom we admire the most as per their knowledge and thus if any post/reply comes in the community from those individual ,we used to get alerts/email notifications. that was a nice way to follow someone whom you like and want to follow their post/comments. But it seems in this new forum that subscription is missing. Can you confirm on that?

This discussion has been closed.