- 5.2K All Categories
- 11 Introduce Yourself!
- 357 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 85 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 73 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 74 How Do I Use the Community?
- 25 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 14 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 66 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 3 Community Programs
- 3 Get-Togethers
- 4.8K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 28 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 60 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Has the "SQL" forum (category) been resurrected on purpose?
I noticed that there are now two categories, "SQL" and, separately, "SQL and PL/SQL".
Historically the "SQL" space was a zombie, and when I saw it reappear on Sept, 29 I didn't think much about it. It didn't occur to me that it would be active. However, I just became aware that people are now using it.
I am asking those veteran forum members who participated in this platform change (rather than the Oracle staff who may not be familiar with the history): Is this resurrection of the "SQL" forum intentional? I can still remember all the many excellent reasons why the decision, only a few years ago, was just the opposite.
If having the separate "SQL" category was intentional, that's fine; but if it wasn't, the sooner this oversight is addressed, the better.
Cheers - mathguy