Forum Stats

• 3,757,576 Users
  • 2,251,248 Discussions
  • 7,869,867 Comments

Discussions

Platform performance

123457»

Comments

• Hey team, still in the hopper, being troubleshot. FYI. Vanilla is still troubleshooting and we're looking at some of the plugins. Will respond once I get more info.

BluShadow
  • Sven W.
    Sven W. Member Posts: 10,533 Gold Crown

I can confirm what EdStevens and Mathguy are reporting. In my experience it is not random at all.

The problem happens when we create a new comment and add code to it and format that code. The more code sections are added the worse the problem becomes.

BluShadowEdStevensPaulzip
  • Paulzip
    Paulzip Member Posts: 8,445 Blue Diamond

@rayparker-Oracle What's the update on Vanilla's investigations?

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,453 Gold Crown

I can confirm what EdStevens and Mathguy are reporting. In my experience it is not random at all.

The problem happens when we create a new comment and add code to it and format that code. The more code sections are added the worse the problem becomes.

And for what it's worth, yesterday I had a case where I was trying to code format a pretty extensive selection, running several pages. I didn't even get to the point of dealing with the message after the code was formatted, as I finally gave up waiting for the format itself to complete and just punched out.

• @Paulzip there's another update slated for tomorrow afternoon that will hopefully address this. If not let me know and I'll tell the tech team again that the issue is still there. They haven't been able to pointpoint the issue. Really sorry.

CC: @VALdecir Carvalho-Oracle @Karina Pastor-Oracle

• Paulzip
    Paulzip Member Posts: 8,445 Blue Diamond

@rayparker-Oracle

It's still there. I was replying to a thread tonight, posting some code (about 20 lines) which I code formatted. All of a sudden Chrome hanging, CPU being hammered (100% on cores), Page Unresponsive warning. Even when I deleted the code block, it was still doing it. So it must've been "soiled". The only cure was to cut everything to the clipboard, save a single space as a draft, refresh page, paste the clipboard to the editor as text only and post.

• mathguy
    mathguy Member Posts: 10,069 Blue Diamond

@Paulzip

Simpler solution I found: just close the browser tab altogether, after saving a copy just in case, if you even get a chance. Log in to the forum again and navigate to the thread; your attempted reply is still shown in the editing window, and you get a few "fresh minutes" to finish what you were doing before all the page saving nonsense bites again. Finish and post (if you were almost done; otherwise finish offline and copy/paste, or give up altogether).

Happily I only had to do that twice today. 🙂 It would otherwise be more, but my participation to the forum, since the change last year, is down by at least 75%.

L. Fernigrini