Forum Stats

• 3,815,978 Users
  • 2,259,122 Discussions
  • 7,893,350 Comments

Discussions

How to use this new forum.

Phil G
Phil G Member Posts: 61 Red Ribbon
edited Nov 1, 2020 9:25AM in How Do I Use the Community?

God this new skin on the forum is terrible. Anyhow why is there no search this forum option. The search at the top of the page is useless, searches everywhere and returns nothing for me at least.

Also when I type tags in they blank out when I tab out of the field.

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,290 Red Diamond

The search can be configured to search only in one forum (e.g. APEX). For this type something into the search field and hit enter. This will open the search page where you select to search discussions. Then select the 'Categori' on the right side and type 'apex'. Finally click 'Filter' and you should find what you are looking for.

Timo

• cj0815
    cj0815 Member Posts: 4 Red Ribbon

Hi,

I don't know how to use this forum, too? Where can I get help?

What is the intention to force people to post something before they can get help? If I could help someone, I would do, but first I need help and need to ask something, like in every other forum in the world, like this was the case here before this strange "community" was created. My company is paying a lot of money for Oracle products, so it should at least be possible to post a question without any obstacles!

The newbie guide is horrible and doesn't work either:

As far I understand that, I could introduce myself and after that I'm able to ask my question. But its impossible to post to this thread. Why was the old forum abandoned?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,290 Red Diamond

I don't know why you can't add a comment to the mentioned thread.

You are nearly reached the needed points to be able to post.

Try adding an @ mention e.g., by answering to this post and mention me. This should get you over the line.

Timo

• marussig
    marussig Member Posts: 456 Bronze Badge

Guys, what if we make our own forum?

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,878 Red Diamond

And if you made your own forum, who is going to take responsibility for data protection, and ensuring all the existing experts come over and use it? Nice idea, but in reality, when people are seeking help about using Oracle, they're going to come to Oracle's site first, and other forums already exist for techie stuff.

• marussig

This forum simply didn't work. I needed a coffee break and to come back to see if the forum has already shown. After that, there were a huge number of tags - but again - I couldn't open even one. Then I mentioned the idea of a new forum to the Oracle representative - on LinkedIn... And you won't believe - the forum started working :)

• BluShadow

How odd.... it's been working all day for me. Maybe something in your locality causing an issue? Who knows.

• marussig

Nope, popular tags still don't work, and it's too slow. APEX tag bellow.

• BluShadow

You'll have to explain what you're doing exactly. I go to the Apex discussion forum and it looks fine. I also click on the Apex tag in the tags down at the sidebar and it takes me to the Apex discussions too.