• 2,239,431 Discussions
  • 7,835,406 Comments

Discussions

Some Community Search Results cannot be opened

User51642 Yong HuangUser51642 Yong Huang Posts: 116 Blue Ribbon

I search for

goldengate microservices timeout

Under "Community Search Results", I see

Goldengate Microservices : is this really necessary ?

GoldenGate Pump Porcess: TCP/IP error 110 (Connection timed out)

WARNING OGG-01223 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, myext.prm: TCP/IP error 78 (Connect ion timed out)

I want to view the first link. But open it and the browser shows blank screen except for the header. The second link shows

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

But the third link works fine.

Hope the website problem can be fixed. The blank screen problem occurs quite often, regardless I use Firefox or Chrome.

Answers

• Timo HahnTimo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Moderator Posts: 36,438 Red Diamond

Can you post the inks to the threads you could not open, please?

When I search for the same I get different answers and all links to the discussions are working.

Timo

• User51642 Yong HuangUser51642 Yong Huang Posts: 116 Blue Ribbon

I cannot post links because the web site requires some kind of seniority for me to do that. Here's the URL to the first link, with http protocol stripped so this website treats it as plain text:

support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/CommunityDisplay?commId=4088625&resultTitle=Goldengate%20Microservices%20: %20is%20this%20really%20necessary%20?&displayIndex=1&resultUrl=https://community.oracle.com/thread/4088625

• Timo HahnTimo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Moderator Posts: 36,438 Red Diamond

OK, that helps. You are logged in to hte public community. The link you posted (and tried to open) is over in the MOS Community. To open a link in the MOS Community you need to login into the MOS Community. This is separate community.

Timo

User51642 Yong Huang

I just realize that the long URL that discussion is located at contains h t t p : / / community . oracle.com / thread / 4088625 (I added spaces here to fool this website) at the end. So I just directly access that URL and it works.

I don't think I logged in to the public community. I logged in to MyOracleSupport where I can even open an SR, or modify my existing SRs. That cannot be public. Anyway, problem solved by manually cutting off the giberish part of the long URL. Thanks.

Although the first link ("Goldengate Microservices : is this really necessary ?") with the first part of the long URL stripped, which becomes community.oracle.com/thread/4088625, works, the second link ("GoldenGate Pump Porcess: TCP/IP error 110 (Connection timed out)") still throws the error:

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

The stripped URL is community.oracle.com/thread/3371964

According to other discussions here, it should have been fixed now?

The stripped URL is community.oracle.com/thread/3371964

This link is in the MOS Comunity so you can't open it from here. If you log into MOSC you should be able to see the post.

Timo

User51642 Yong Huang