- 5.1K All Categories
- 9 Introduce Yourself!
- 331 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 78 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 67 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 71 How Do I Use the Community?
- 16 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 13 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 66 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 28 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 52 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Oracle High I/O
One a server of my client running Oracle 11g XE on Linux the load on the O/S goes very high. Sometimes over 100. Top doesn't show any process consuming much RAM or CPU.
Therefore I ran IOTop which shows Writes at 11 MB/s. I even saw 20 MB/s at one time.
However I am not able to find what's causing the high Writes.
I tried to find the details about the process from v$session, v$process, v$sql but most of the process show the sql:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM VW_TCP_JOB WHERE ID=:B1
The above view has just 94 rows and runs in no time if the load on the database isn't high. However at the time when the load is high the above query keeps on running and doesn't show the result.
alert.log file is not showing anything unusual.
I have spent much time but couldn't find the reason. Therefore I request if someone can please help.