Forum Stats

• 3,781,630 Users
  • 2,254,532 Discussions
  • 7,879,769 Comments

Discussions

Points shared between communities

I'm seeing that the points of the "Applications & Infrastructure Community" and "Groundbreakers Developer Community" communities are shared, could anyone better explain the difference between these communities?

Best Answer

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,776 Red Diamond

Here is a short summary:

The new software consists of hubs (Customer, Developer, and Partner). The hubs consist of nodes that house the individual communities. Nodes have their own content, profiles, gamification, sign-ins, and sometimes a membership. 'MOSC' and 'Tech' are nodes. 

For example, the Tech node features the Welcome Community, the Groundbreakers Developers Community, and the Applications and Infrastructure Community.

These communities have sub-communities, which might have subcommunities too. 

The new software names the communities 'Category' and sub-communities therefore 'Sub-Categories.'

The difference between the top level communities are the sub-communities they hold.

Timo

Luís Gustavo Lira
  • Luís Gustavo Lira
    Luís Gustavo Lira Member Posts: 113 Silver Badge

Thanks, now I get it, but this is not clear when viewing the communities on the main page.

These two communities are part of different hubs (Customers and Developers) while in fact they are subcommunities of a community (Tech)

https://community.oracle.com/hub/

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,776 Red Diamond

Which exact communities are you talking about?

• Luís Gustavo Lira
    Luís Gustavo Lira Member Posts: 113 Silver Badge
    edited Nov 30, 2020 1:49PM

From Customers hub you can find "Applications & Infrastructure" Community

and when you click on Developers hub you are redirect to "Groundbreakers Developer Community"

You can access them from different hubs, but actually, both of them are subcommunities of the Tech Node.

I think it got a little confusing this organization.