Forum Stats

• 3,716,000 Users
  • 2,242,928 Discussions
  • 7,845,734 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Read and Unread threads titles all the same in bold

Gianni Ceresa
Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE DirectorMember Posts: 6,105 Gold Crown

Hi,

Till last weekend there was a visible difference between a thread I did read and one I didn't in the categories listing or in the discussions page.

From last weekend they all look the same (and I also tried on a new browser without any possible cache or old copies of local files).

There seem to be a change in the style of the /tech platform which prevent the bold = unread, normal = read change of style.

This still perfectly works for /mosc.

It is a very annoying issue as I simply can't easily see what thread I did already open to look inside (and see if I had something useful to contribute) or new threads (or threads with new activity).

After a quick look at the page, the "read" and "unread" status of a thread is still there as a class on the <li> tag, but the CSS seem to override the rule making read threads less bold (closer to normal text) vs unread threads having an heavier bold font. If I disable the "font-weight: 600" rule it all starts behaving like before.

Would it be possible to correct the CSS to have a visual difference between unread threads and read threads?

Thanks

Answers