Forum Stats

• 3,722,209 Users
  • 2,244,252 Discussions
  • 7,849,704 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"You don't have permission to do that" when trying to explore discussion forums

Hello. I'm sure this question has been asked, but I have no way of knowing because I don't have permission to view anything.

First of all, I am registered and signed in.

I'm on this page (https://community.oracle.com/mosc/). When I try to select an Oracle Application in the drop down, under Explore Our Discussion Forums, I receive "Permission Problem, You don't have permission to do that". I receive this message for ANY topic I try to select. I cannot select anything under the four headings (Oracle Applications, Infrastructure & Technology, Industries, or Cloud Services). When I select "Find a discussion forum" under connect, I get "No categories were found".

This is very frustrating.

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 36,869 Red Diamond

You get this if the account you used to log into the system has no privilege to see MOS content. You just get to the first page, but anything else is blocked.

Are you sure you used an account that has MOS privilege (a payed support account)?

Timo

• J_Beason
    J_Beason Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Yes, it is a payed support account (as far as I know). We have a Support Identifier #. I can get to the Community Welcome page by selecting the "Community" tab at the top of the My Oracle Support portal. Do I have to request specific access to the MOS content?

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 36,869 Red Diamond

Can you access the support.oracle.com page login there using the same account?

If yes you should be able to access the MOS community too.

• J_Beason

Yes, I can access support.oracle.com and community.oracle.com with the same account. I agree with you that I should be able to access the MOS community, but I still receive the "you don't have permission to do that" message when trying to get to pretty much anything from the Oracle communities home page.

Do I have to request specific permission (on support.oracle.com) in order to access the MOS community?

BTW, I may not respond in a timely manner from this point forward as I will be unavailable until Monday.

• User_LQS43
    User_LQS43 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi Team

Any update on this ,I am also facing same issue

Regards

Asha

• J_Beason

No change. I still receive the same you don't have permission message when trying to access the topics for the discussion forums.

• Leigh.Burke-Oracle
    Leigh.Burke-Oracle Community Experience Manager Posts: 212 Employee

@Jennifer B-Oracle Looping you into this thread so you can assist these users with their MOSC/MOS access.

Thanks,

Leigh

J_Beason
  • Jennifer B-Oracle
    Jennifer B-Oracle Member Posts: 30 Employee

Hello @J_Beason and @User_LQS43 ,

I'll be happy to assist with this. If you would, please send me a direct message via this community with your email address. (Please do not post that info to this thread.) :)

I'll quickly confirm your eligibility for MOSC access and fix you right up.

Thanks,

Jennifer B.

My Oracle Support Community Administrator

• User_LQS43
    User_LQS43 Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi Team

Any update on this ,I am also facing same issue

Regards

Asha