Forum Stats

• 3,767,748 Users
  • 2,252,713 Discussions
  • 7,874,327 Comments

Discussions

APEX in ATP Autonomous Database

PallabDutta
PallabDutta Member Posts: 19 Red Ribbon

I've user: APEX_ADMIN (Workspace Administrator) for APEX Workspace. APEX runs in Autonomous ATP in Oracle Cloud ATP Autonomous Database. Today, when I login to APEX it prompted for Password change and I've done that. Since then I am not able to login to my workspace in OCI.

Also, after few attempts the account got locked. But, when I login from "Administration Services" as administrator (ADMIN) password of my Autonomous Database then I found APEX_ADMIN is not at all locked.

Please suggest, how to proceed? How to login to APEX in my workspace and how to unlock my account.

Answers

• Hello,

Following the below steps will help you unlock you account:

In the example below, we are unlocking the account named DEMO in workspace DEMO.1 - In SQL Developer Web connected as ADMIN, verify the status of the database account and the APEX repository account:

select username, account_status from dba_users where username = 'DEMO';

select workspace_name, user_name, is_admin, is_application_developer, account_locked,
           failed_access_attempts
      from apex_workspace_developers
     where user_name = 'DEMO'
     order by 1;

2 - If the user is locked in the database, unlock it using the ADMIN account:

alter user DEMO account unlock;

3 - If the user is locked in the APEX repository, connect as that user (or the workspace assigned schema) to the database and unlock it using APEX API:

• This will not work while connected as ADMIN
    • This will not work while connected using SQL Developer Web
    begin
        apex_util.set_workspace('DEMO');
        apex_util.unlock_account('DEMO');
        commit;
    end;
    /

Resource:

Regards

Rawan