- 5.1K All Categories
- 9 Introduce Yourself!
- 329 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 78 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 67 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 70 How Do I Use the Community?
- 16 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 13 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 27 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 50 Visual Builder Cloud Service
History table in SQL (Oracle 19c)
Hope this query is not irrelevant to this group.
I am building a live table ( and its' corresponding history table which will hold any changes made to the live table) in SQL (Oracle DB - 19 c)
As such the history table is not used by the application (except is rare scenario) for audit purpose/tracing back a data quality issue.
There is unique constraint (business validation) built on the Live table. Do I need to replicate the same constraint on the history table as well ? Is that the practice ? or I should not be creating any constraint on history table because it will only be populated via Live table ( and there is already an constraint implemented on the live table)