- 5.1K All Categories
- 9 Introduce Yourself!
- 329 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 78 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 67 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 70 How Do I Use the Community?
- 16 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 13 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 65 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.7K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 27 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 50 Visual Builder Cloud Service
CONTAINS operator issue
Hey guys, so I'm stumped here.
Say I have 2 records in table "t" where the SEARCH_NAME column is indexed by CONTEXT:
REED, JAMES D
REED, JAMES J
I want to search for the first record using the CONTAINS operator. I would've expected this to work, but it does not as it will return both records. Any one have any idea how to get only the first?
SELECT * FROM contacts WHERE CONTAINS(search_name, 'REED\, JAMES D') > 0;