Forum Stats

• 3,735,082 Users
  • 2,247,100 Discussions
  • 7,857,673 Comments

Discussions

New to Oracle - Questions from a beginner

Hello everyone,

Miguel here, brand new to Oracle and really like it. I just got out of college and I am landed a positional as an application analyst mainly working with Oracle JDE and various other software. I really like working with Oracle and the servers on the back end. One of the senior guys said I should look into some certifications in Oracle. After searching this site and looking at other threads. I am leaning to starting with 1Z0-071 - Oracle Database Administrator 12c Certified Associate. I am hoping I could get some advice on my plan to study and certify.

I have two study guides - 1) OCA Oracle Database SQL exam guide by O'Hearn and 2) Study Guide for 1Z0-071 by Morris. I also purchased a course through Udemy on this particular test (1Z0-071). I plan on taking the test at the end of July to early August depending on availability. Is there anything else that you recommend I do to study/prepare for this exam?

Also, if and when I pass the exam. What next step would you recommend I do? I would like to be in a Application developer or database administrator position someday. However, I like oracle and would like to stay with it, is there other software/coding/anything else you all would recommend me looking into?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!