Forum Stats

• 3,769,471 Users
  • 2,252,969 Discussions
  • 7,875,044 Comments

Discussions

When I tried to post a question, I got that message and the discussion is never approved and it moved to my "Drafts".

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,667 Red Diamond

@Eslam_Elbyaly all your posts were redirected to the moderation queue due to, I guess, words you used in your post.

I removed all but one of your posts. The remaining one is online now.

If you get a message that your post will appear only after moderator approval, you have to be patient and wait for it. Posting the same post multiple times will not help. Please wait for a moderator to pick the post up.

This can take a bit as the moderators do have normal jobs to do.

Timo

• Eslam_Elbyaly
    Eslam_Elbyaly Member Posts: 4,229 Silver Trophy
    edited Jun 12, 2021 9:17PM

@Timo Hahn

all your posts were redirected to the moderation queue due to, I guess, words you used in your post.

What words?!

redirected to the moderation queue 

11 years posting in the forum without any posts redirected to the queue makes me wander and ask about it. Especially when I read your comment in a similar post telling the original poster that the "Robot" may have prevented his post or comment.

The bottom line: I need to know the reasons or "the words" that could prevent my posts or comments from being accepted.

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,667 Red Diamond

Well, 11 years of posting in your case, 15 - 20 years in other case. Everybody can get this warning with the new software.

I don't know which words triggered that your post was moved to the moderating queue, if any at all. It just happens and I don't spent time finding out way it happened. I approve the post if I don't see anything offending.

Timo

• Eslam_Elbyaly
    Eslam_Elbyaly Member Posts: 4,229 Silver Trophy

So there is no article talking about why posts and comments could be moved to the moderating queue? Are you a bit offensive or am I the one who feel that?!

• Timo Hahn

Offensive? No, I don't think so, I just told you my personal view and my experience.

There is no document of how the 'robot' decides which post to move to the moderation queue. I personally think such a document would be counterproductive as the spammers would use this information to their advantage.

Timo

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,491 Red Diamond

No, it's not Timo's fault. There's no documentation or information available to the moderators to know what causes things to be put on the moderation queue, it's all part of the forum platform used and how the Admin have configured things.

I'm sure the list of words that cause things to be considered as potential issues is based on a more general list of words from forums around the world, so some words we use commonly in technology may be the cause for concern on other forums hence why those words are on the list. For example, if someone posts some code with some Javascript in it, then the forum check may not be intelligent enough to understand the code fully, but sees something that it considers may be an attempt to hack the site or direct people to bad websites for example, so holds it back until it's checked.

Even if a list of specific words were known, it's not something that forum admin tend to publish as that would just give the spammers/scammers details of what to try and avoid so they can get around the checks.

😉