- 5.1K All Categories
- 10 Introduce Yourself!
- 344 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 80 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 70 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 73 How Do I Use the Community?
- 22 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 13 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 66 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 2 Community Programs
- 2 Get-Togethers
- 4.8K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 20 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 28 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 54 Visual Builder Cloud Service
Can someone explain this strange forum behavior?
So, my primary workstation is Windows 10 Pro. Primary browser is Firefox. Yesterday, I found that whenever I pulled my cursor into a 'reply' frame, it got a 'spinner' and wouldn't let me enter anything. This was consistent across all forum spaces, and also if I opened a new question myself. This effectively made the entire Oracle Community a 'read-only' space for me. I got the same behavior using Chrome on the same laptop, as well as Firefox on an Ubuntu laptop.
After a lot of head scratching, and looking for some way I could report the behavior, I went back to my primary Windows/Firefox and deleted the history. That fixed the problem - on that machine and browser. I then tried on Chrome/Windows and Firefox/Ubuntu, and on each had to clear the history in order to regain usage.