• 3,770,730 Users
  • 2,253,161 Discussions
  • 7,875,566 Comments

Discussions

Moderators - Add SQL and PLSQL forum in categories

User_WI23P
User_WI23P Member Posts: 229 Red Ribbon

Hi,

There are merely some discussions on SQLcl, SQL Developer and Data Modeler so it's worthless to keep these in category LOV and instead include most active active and PLSQL forum.

Answers

• Frank Kulash
    Frank Kulash Member, Moderator Posts: 41,235 Red Diamond

Hi, @User_WI23P

This isn't about how to do something in SQL or PL/SQL, so it doesn;t belong in the the SQL and PL/SQL space. Postings about this site itself should go in the

General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback — oracle-tech

space. I'll try to move this thread there for you.

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,500 Red Diamond

I already suggested to the Admin last year that we need the SQL and PL/SQL forum including (I would suggest under "Programming Languages" alongside (or instead of) Node.js).

It's something they're looking to do, it's just a case of "internal politiks" to get it sorted.

• User_WI23P
    User_WI23P Member Posts: 229 Red Ribbon

You are right, who cares for users. Last year, I saw @Jeff Smith proudly announcing on Twitter that he got SQL developer under categories menu.

• BluShadow
    BluShadow Member, Moderator Posts: 41,500 Red Diamond

When I say internal politiks, I mean that there are many teams involved in Oracle around deciding how the community should be configured, and the latest community platform is still relatively new, with some changes in staff at Oracle too. It's not about who shouts the loudest or proudest. There's also limited space under Categories so Oracle relies on constructive feedback to help make decisions and understand what the users want.

They've told me they're looking to do it, but it's just about getting it through the hoops and loops, and some other things also take priority (such as platform performance issues etc.).