- 5.3K All Categories
- 15 Introduce Yourself!
- 440 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 103 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 82 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 85 How Do I Use the Community?
- 59 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 15 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 71 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 5 Community Programs
- 5 Get-Togethers
- 4.8K Certification Community
- 4.6K Certification Community Discussions
- 22 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 31 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 79 Visual Builder Cloud Service
'@' is now a meta-character, causing issues in creating examples
OK, so recently I've noticed that if I type an '@', the platform will start suggesting usernames that match whatever follows. Nice, if you are trying to tag another user.
Not so nice when the character is part of example code, like in a connect string.
Which is more important in a technical forum that exists to discuss coding?
Similar issues with 'greater than' and 'less than' symbols. Trying to write code that includes comparisons results in the comparison disappearing and the code getting formatted as a quote.
Again, what feature is more important in a forum that spends a lot of time discussing and showing code?