- 5.5K All Categories
- 17 Introduce Yourself!
- 505 Community Feedback - NEW! (No Product Questions)
- 119 General Community Platform Concerns/Kudos/Feedback
- 90 Community Platform Bug Reports
- 95 How Do I Use the Community?
- 82 Where is the...? (Community Platform Locations)
- 21 Ideas and Suggestions for the Community Platform
- 71 Personal Document & Blog Archive
- 6 Community Programs
- 6 Get-Togethers
- 4.9K Certification Community
- 4.7K Certification Community Discussions
- 23 Oracle Certified Master Profiles
- 32 Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Master Profiles
- 98 Visual Builder Cloud Service
BUG: can not change profile to private
I can not change my forum profile to "private" - after clicking the checkbox for "private" there will be displayed an error about the user name not containing valid characters (which was autogenerated and not changed). I did not change the username, just clicked the "private" checkbox.
Also in a second attempt I tried to change the username - the procedure takes me to another window (why?) and after changing the username I click "continue" - but the username showed in my profile is still the same autogenerated one. I still can not change the profile to "private".
After logging out and in again, the username is set to the one I typed in, but the error message trying to change my profile to private is still shown.
I have to add that even the error message about the user name is wrong. It says
"Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores."
While my username has 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.
PLEASE set my profile to private - thanks!
I would strongly recommend to use battle-hardened open source forum software instead of trying to reinvent wheels that stay in alpha forever. The errors described above would not have passed QA even in a small web dev team.