• 3,875,908 Users
  • 2,266,989 Discussions
  • 7,912,375 Comments

Discussions

Preparing 1Z0-052

scislaghi
scislaghi Member Posts: 27
Hello all,

I'm finishing now to prepare exam 1Z0-052 11g Administration I. I'm studying on Oracle Press exam book and I'm using self test software. Do you think this is enough to pass the exam? Can SelfTest software (that is also promoted by Oracle) considered a good example an skill test for exam?

Usually Administration I is a difficutl exam?

Thanks
Steve

Answers

75407 Member Posts: 2,237
    d00mfl1ght wrote:
    Hello all,

I'm finishing now to prepare exam 1Z0-052 11g Administration I. I'm studying on Oracle Press exam book and I'm using self test software. Do you think this is enough to pass the exam? Can SelfTest software (that is also promoted by Oracle) considered a good example an skill test for exam?

Usually Administration I is a difficutl exam?

Thanks
    Steve
    I glanced at your other posts and like your approach and IMHO you probably deserve to pass.

Providing you've studied the material and getting the right sort of percentages (because you understand the question) from the practice tests you should be fine.

The only danger would be if you've used and learned your practice tests too early and too often and are too familiar with them.

If your really uncertain then one strategy would be:

buy the Sybex book for a different viewpoint, read through and make sure you understand it (avoiding all practice questions).
    Then work the chapters one by one .... if you start getting chapters where your below say 80% go back and reconcentrate on it.
    (From memory the Sybex book can go into too much detail sometimes). After you;ve done that the orginal questions you have will seem more valuable again.

I must admit I personally have hit points in study where I think I will go insane if I keep re-going over some things again, I perhaps estimate I have an 80% chance of passing and feel like I am better to attempt and fail than keep going over it again, and by attempting and failing I would be better focused when I try again.

And dont panic if the first two questions on an exam floor you .... you may well find youself comfortable with the next batch.

Good Luck

bigdelboy.

PS: And its worth rechecking the exam page [http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=41&p_exam_id=1Z0_052] to make sure it hasn't changed. There's a few sample questions there. If your're working from the oracle press book one sometiimes forgets to check that. And if your unsure of anything sometimes the online documentation at Oracle can be clearer than the book. (and these books can have the odd mistake too!)
  • scislaghi
    scislaghi Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for your answer.

Exam score is 66%, seems not really high....even if it's noted that can be subjected to change.
    Unscored question is an interesting things... maybe this exam will have 75 questions....

Today I'll study again and where possibile I'll check with a test database things I study.

I'll report here my exam. Hope myself to have a good luck.

Ste
    75407 Member Posts: 2,237
    d00mfl1ght wrote:
    Thanks for your answer.

Exam score is 66%, seems not really high....even if it's noted that can be subjected to change.
    From what I can see they dont change much, but i have seen the odd percentage movement but its unlikey to suddenly jump to 75%
    Unscored question is an interesting things... maybe this exam will have 75 questions....
    I'd be surprised if it wasnt 70 or within one or two questions of it. Regardless of that the time allotted will have been adjusted. I think on one exam (1z0-402) I actually had got a not scoring question wrong as the number of topics I was left to study again by the end of the report somewhat exceeded the number of questions I had got wrong.

Anyway just keep your eye on how quickly your getting on, if your not completing at at average of just over 1 a minute then you need to speed up, but accept some will take longer.
    And a quote from my old Chemistry teacher If all else fails read the question! ... (and every time a piece of work was set he would be able to demonstrate an excellent piece of work which had got poor marks by not answering the question asked!). I'd also add read the answers carefully and remember the answer(s) required are the best ie most appropriate ones.
    Today I'll study again and where possible I'll check with a test database things I study.

I'll report here my exam. Hope myself to have a good luck.
    Just be aware of the non-disclosure agreement and certainly dont discuss exam questions or what topics were / or weren't on the paper.

Ste
    Rgds - bigdelboy
    716401 Member Posts: 1
    hi steve,

you are going on a right way...
    and even i am giving 11g admin-1 exams this month...

Good Luck.

Regards

-Umesh H
    661723 Member Posts: 839
    edited Aug 22, 2009 6:48AM
This discussion has been closed.